JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I test loaded some 230gr round nose projectiles seated backwards and it was a success. I used previously fired cases that were not resized and fired them in Colt single action revolver chambered in 45LC. I loaded and fired six rounds with minimal equipment and all fired well. I didn't test for groups but all hit the sacrificial Juniper tree.

Back in the day...as the old saying goes...
In this case the day being before well made self defense bullets for handgun cartridges , like in the 1920's - 1940's...
Bullets were , at times , hand loaded backwards to promote a somewhat "clean" expanding effect.
Kinda like a semi-wadcutter style of bullet.

Why one would do this today...when we have proper bullet styles for almost every conceivable need is beyond me.
Andy

Back in the day...as the old saying goes...
In this case the day being before well made self defense bullets for handgun cartridges , like in the 1920's - 1940's...
Bullets were , at times , hand loaded backwards to promote a somewhat "clean" expanding effect.
Kinda like a semi-wadcutter style of bullet.

Why one would do this today...when we have proper bullet styles for almost every conceivable need is beyond me.
Andy
I've heard of this and done something similar when I was a kid with my pellet rifle.

Yup, I meant why do it now?

I've heard of this and done something similar when I was a kid with my pellet rifle.

Yup, I meant why do it now?
I have done that with a pellet rifle when a kid too...and...
With a cap and ball revolver loaded with conical bullets...shocking to read I would guess....:D

But yep...why do so today with all the excellent bullet choices that are out there...?
Andy

Problem solved
aK8hmP0.png

They are weeds and use a ton of water.
SO do golf courses and the 697% increase in population Oregon (central anyway) has experienced since the late 70's

I had many Juniper trees on a piece of property I had West of Redmond, OR many years ago. Kept trimmed they are kind of interesting and while you call them 'weeds' its not like they grow uncontrollably like a weed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top