JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone,

So I'm looking for a place to primitive camp, for free, that isn't a complete dump and has relatively few visitors to it. I know it's free to camp on BLM land and National Forest but I'm just looking for a little direction. I live in Portland so 150/200 miles in any direction would be preferable. And if there is any climbers reading this give up the beta on the climbing/camping spots.

Cheers!
Nick

Just be careful of old maps. There have been some land swaps between the BLM and the Forest Service in the last couple decades and the rules can be different.

uhhh bro what about smith rock area? i live out here and there are miles upon square miles of badass camping within 20 minutes of killer climbing

Smith rock is an amazing climbing area(though the rocks getting a little hot now), and there is a ton of camping around it too... Also trails for biking and running:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top