JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All the folks at city hall would be banned....

I've advocated for a program that is somewhere between rehab and a work camp.
If you've talked to an ex con they only know one thing most of the time and prison doesn't teach em much.
A 2 year program. 1st year is rehab and recovery.
2nd year is a work program right next to our civil works laborers.
Anyone that has gotten clean or sober can attest to the fact it takes about a year before you feel okay in your own skin.
The work program will folks 30-50% market wage while they learn on the job the skills needed to support themselves.
That's a very brief summarization.

Or they can go to prison.

I don't care.
I'm old enough to remember when society didn't tolerate smoking meth, shooting up, or defecating on sidewalks as a normal thing to do in public view of children and women.
This ^^^. Seems so elementary.

Never heard of this "Four Corners" place. There is a place just as bad or worse out Marine Drive just before the Eastern edge of the potland city limits. Down off the dike, where those radio towers are and East into the trees, was a MASSIVE mess. Makes what the pictures they had on the phony news article of the above look like a kids messy room in comparison. They have cleaned that up somewhat in the last couple of months. But that area is still scarred.

Feckless tod whalen and a useless city council at their best.
Re four corners, city employee told me they removed 27 full size dumpsters worth of trash from there (5 acres worth) and about a month later it was just as bad. That was the site where local residents put picnic tables etc and called it "hope village" (idiots!!!). It is in a public nature preserve.

Re four corners, city employee told me they removed 27 full size dumpsters worth of trash from there (5 acres worth) and about a month later it was just as bad. That was the site where local residents put picnic tables etc and called it "hope village" (idiots!!!). It is in a public nature preserve.
Wow! Surprising. NOT!

Have you seen that mess that was up off marine drive I wrote of?
here's a shot Sep '21..

It was WAY worse that that a few months ago.

I have a great idea, let them live at the higher level golf courses. The fairways are a waste of great flat areas where their balls fly over.
Charge the welfare department a couple hundred Dollars a month for their rent and give it to the club.
A Win/WIN situation for every one.
These nice high-end players wouldn't have to pay green fees. Our tax dollars will cover it for them.

I have a great idea, let them live at the higher level golf courses. The fairways are a waste of great flat areas where their balls fly over.
Charge the welfare department a couple hundred Dollars a month for their rent and give it to the club.
A Win/WIN situation for every one.
These nice high-end players wouldn't have to pay green fees. Our tax dollars will cover it for them.
Uhhh. No.

First of all I stole this. Modified it some, it was a post more about specific policies, and added a couple of steps, but the root of it came from someone else. It explains in an easy to follow step-by-step format how PDX .gov actually does things. With that intro I give you:

The City That Works

1. Hold a press-conference.

2. A committee of relevant "stakeholders" (activists almost entirely from nonprofits) is formed.

3. A policy report/plan is crafted with "guidance" of city staff and presented to the public in a limited number of meetings with little or no opportunity to offer actionable input (often during working hours).

4. City council rubber stamps the (unchanged by "public input") policy report/plan.

5. Money is distributed to city bureaus and nonprofits to hire more staff and provide "services".

6. City staff goes on expensive junkets to conferences in other cities to present glossy slides bragging about their new and unique policy.

7. City has little or no positive result from any of the specific policy/plan items: city staff complains about lack of funding, nonprofits complain of lack of "support," politicians complain about other politicians, partisans complain about anyone who notices there have been no positive results.

8. Go to step 1.

So are firearm sales, the fed's rake in 10% hidden tax prior to state sales tax and b&o.

If the average firearm including some ammo is $700 that equates to more than $1.2 BILLION in federal tax alone for 2022.

How much does the fbi make on the nics fee? $2 Million monthly?

So are firearm sales, the fed's rake in 10% hidden tax prior to state sales tax and b&o.

If the average firearm including some ammo is $700 that equates to more than $1.2 BILLION in federal tax alone for 2022.

How much does the fbi make on the nics fee? $2 Million monthly?
Seems paltry compared to trillions in deficits we are running.

Milton Friedman, American economist:

"One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top