JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still say, Roust them all up and put them to work in "Camps" where they can earn a living cleaning up their mess and doing "City Work" but having to stay in the program until clean amd sober! They pay taxes and are held responsible, and have to follow rules.

Those who cannot, or will not comply get sent to another "Camp" where they have no rights or privileges, and they get to work to earn their keep, but don't get to leave. They get forced to clean up and sober up, and become wards of the state, to which they work to help offset the cost of their keep!

Nobody would vote for, or allow this, but it must happen! I know folks would rail against such a thing, but we're not talking about normal people here. Those who can be "Rehabilitated" would be free to leave the program after serving their time, those who cannot, well, they would have ended up wards of the state anyway, ether in the hospital, or Prison, so it really makes no difference!

This is how you stop this and deal with it, and this is how you prevent more of the same! Sometimes the best you can do is to remember, there will always be mental illness, and there will always be people who cannot function in society, the best thing you can do for them, is to gather them up and remove them from society, but do so in a safe and humane manor, and for those who can function in society, ( after they complete the program) welcomed back to society with equally footing!
YES! What happens to you and me if we don't have garbage service and just pile it up out between the garage and the neighbors driveway? What happens if we rob a bank? We get our freedoms taken away! Prison/jail/incarceration. Why is it we would get that, but the criminals that live on the streets don't? People that work and pay taxes have forever been subsidizing incarceration of criminals that don't work/pay taxes.

Mayor Wheeler is trying to show president Biden that he doing something about. the homeless problem. He had all these years to figure out how to solve homeless camping. Ban homeless camping. Why didn't he do that several years ago?
I saw a crew in red shirts clearing out encampment on Washington street and and se 86th? or so this morning. Have never seen a crew do that before but I know it did very rarely happen (if about 50 criteria were met) before. Just an observation. They may be focused on areas where Biden was going to drive near, which is the same thing they did for the Portland auto race, clean up the visible areas that out of towners might see.

Last Edited:
YES! What happens to you and me if we don't have garbage service and just pile it up out between the garage and the neighbors driveway? What happens if we rob a bank? We get our freedoms taken away! Prison/jail/incarceration. Why is it we would get that, but the criminals that live on the streets don't? People that work and pay taxes have forever been subsidizing incarceration of criminals that don't work/pay taxes.
Yep police even look the other way if there is gunfire at homeless camps. Why can't I target shoot in my yard if they are free to shoot at people, cars, whatever they shoot at?

Also perhaps a big factor is right now the city is being sued for violation of Americans with disabilities act for clogging up the sidewalks with trash. I'll try to post article on it if I can find it.

Edit: found it

I know last month the homeless shelters had vacancies because they refuse to go there they would rather live on the sidewalk. Don't know current status but my guess is they still have vacancies.

I saw a crew in red shirts clearing out encampment on Washington street and and se 86th? or so this morning. Have never seen a crew do that before but I know it did very rarely happen (if about 50 criteria were met) before. Just an observation.
Pretty sure that's "Central City Concern". They're the ones that have come by here when they decide to do a "flush". I guess the resident(s) of these messes just walk away. And set up somewhere else. We've watched them, over a period of time, drive up in some barely running van, or piece-'0-crap car, that within a day or week becomes non running. Then cannibalized. Then tarped and tented, with rubbish piles, to eventually police, ODOT, tow truck, and then Central City Concern comes in and cleans up. Then, it starts all over again.

Pretty sure that's "Central City Concern". They're the ones that have come by here when they decide to do a "flush". I guess the resident(s) of these messes just walk away. And set up somewhere else. We've watched them, over a period of time, drive up in some barely running van, or piece-'0-crap car, that within a day or week becomes non running. Then cannibalized. Then tarped and tented, with rubbish piles, to eventually police, ODOT, tow truck, and then Central City Concern comes in and cleans up. Then, it starts all over again.
Down here in Salem, it's a complicated Hot Mess to do anything. First they have to Post a notice to vacate, usually 30 days. Then the Police comes buy and watches them as the city rousts the stragglers, and finally, the city/county/state brings in the dump trucks and track hoes and cleans it up and hauls it all off! I get to see it up close here, with a very large camp that comes and goes, following the above! What's worse, there is a local church group that actively supports the homeless camp on their property here, right on the other side of the property fence! The city was trying to work with them to build a bunch of mini homes, at the cost of 35K each, but the funding ( Thankfully) was never approved! Then we get the Zombie R.V.s that show up out of nowhere, they park all over the shoulders of the road and make a serious hazard of things, the City won't move them unless it's a obvious risk, or enough people complain, they send the P.D. out to roust them, invariably the R.V's wont start/run, so the city pays the local towing companies to tow them away if they cant jump start them or get them running! There is an impound yard the city had set up for holding the R.V's until the "Owner" could get them running, or turn them over to be recycled and scrapped!
I have a deal with the local tow yards, if they find a halfway decent 70's GMC R.V. I will take it and donate to the cause!
I got a Diesel pusher setup from a fairly newish R.V that had a 7.2L Cat and 8 speed auto, gonna do up a conversion of my own!

I got a Diesel pusher setup from a fairly newish R.V that had a 7.2L Cat and 8 speed auto, gonna do up a conversion of my own!
Gonna get yourself out there on the street and start a movement? Be the leader of a movement? Get the homeless trouble makers/dope heads to start behaving more like humans? Bully! Bully! After you get Salem straightened up some, you can come up here! :s0155:
:s0140:

I still say, Roust them all up and put them to work in "Camps" where they can earn a living cleaning up their mess and doing "City Work" but having to stay in the program until clean amd sober! They pay taxes and are held responsible, and have to follow rules.
A friend of mine grew up in Omak. He said during fire season there would be a bus that went around gathering up people to work the fire lines. If you were out of work and loitering about, you were voluntold.

In the meantime a large part of NW Bend has been taken over by the homeless.

It was not near this bad a couple years ago but now this street (no houses in the area) is completely covered with cars, RV and tents which are behind nearly every vehicle you cannot see, and it is about a 1/4 mile long.

I was there this morning and hadn't been in this area in a while (what little I go to Bend these days) and was shocked to see about a 500% increase in vehicles & tents.

Just behind me at the dead end are many demolished cars, tents & trash in the wooded area.

This just North of the Lowes/Sportsman's Whorehouse area of Bend.
IMG_20221017_105847357.jpg

He should ban crime, too, while he is at it. :s0140:

All the folks at city hall would be banned....

I've advocated for a program that is somewhere between rehab and a work camp.
If you've talked to an ex con they only know one thing most of the time and prison doesn't teach em much.
A 2 year program. 1st year is rehab and recovery.
2nd year is a work program right next to our civil works laborers.
Anyone that has gotten clean or sober can attest to the fact it takes about a year before you feel okay in your own skin.
The work program will folks 30-50% market wage while they learn on the job the skills needed to support themselves.
That's a very brief summarization.

Or they can go to prison.

I don't care.
I'm old enough to remember when society didn't tolerate smoking meth, shooting up, or defecating on sidewalks as a normal thing to do in public view of children and women.

Mayor Wheeler is trying to show president Biden that he doing something about. the homeless problem. He had all these years to figure out how to solve homeless camping. Ban homeless camping. Why didn't he do that several years ago?
They gave bars of soap to the jews before gassing them too. Same thing.

Good lord.

https://katu.com/news/local/destruc...elessness-homeless-trash-environmental-impact

I don't pay attention to the details of the dystopian toilet that is present day Portland, so this is news to me. 6 years? 150+ stolen cars? So much bubblegum that the ground water is affected? Too dangerous to advise entry according to the police? For years?

Our fearless leaders, such environmentalists! True stewards of the commonweal, guardians of the greater good!

This makes the mayor's delaration in the final weeks before what looks to be an election that might finally see the Democrats lose some power even more disingenous and pathetic than it first appeared, IMO.

Never heard of this "Four Corners" place. There is a place just as bad or worse out Marine Drive just before the Eastern edge of the potland city limits. Down off the dike, where those radio towers are and East into the trees, was a MASSIVE mess. Makes what the pictures they had on the phony news article of the above look like a kids messy room in comparison. They have cleaned that up somewhat in the last couple of months. But that area is still scarred.

Feckless tod whalen and a useless city council at their best.

Last Edited:
Oh my God. "Dan Ryan's, Safe Rest Villages" :s0170: Every one of those useless tits on a board should be tossed out of city government. How many here have seen a "Safe Rest Village"? They built one on the East property line of the Bimart store at NE Halsey and 122nd. The area merchants gathered thousands of signatures against the project. Didn't matter. A bunch of little tiny buildings, packed to within 6' or so, of each other. Surrounded by a 6" solid wood fence. Tiny windows. Who in their right mind, (wrong mind?) that's been living out in the wide open spaces, in their own spaces, would want to move into one of these? And they have now moved people into this "Village". Bimart has already seen the uptick in shoplifting from the store.
I bet dan ryan doesn't live anywhere near any of the mess or these villages.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top