JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Biden and the BLM have snuck in a proposed rule change regarding public lands. This has been making the rounds lately on some hunting boards, but I'll add it here. It swings the focus of BLM lands to one of "health and resilience of ecosystems across those lands", i.e. no logging, grazing, mining or drilling. Many also interpret this as a precursor to no more hunting or shooting on BLM land. Comments on the rule has been extended until 07-05-2023, but they have already been over-run with the ecowarriors point of view.

Proposed rules:
Regulations.gov Conservation and Landscape Health

It was also reported in the last few days that lead ammo will be illegal to use on some Federal land starting in 2026, as per the US Fish and Wildlife Service.

(Trigger warning for the frail: Fox News link)
Fox News: lead ammo

Biden and the BLM have snuck in a proposed rule change regarding public lands. This has been making the rounds lately on some hunting boards, but I'll add it here. It swings the focus of BLM lands to one of "health and resilience of ecosystems across those lands", i.e. no logging, grazing, mining or drilling. Many also interpret this as a precursor to no more hunting or shooting on BLM land. Comments on the rule has been extended until 07-05-2023, but they have already been over-run with the ecowarriors point of view.

Proposed rules:
Regulations.gov Conservation and Landscape Health

It was also reported in the last few days that lead ammo will be illegal to use on some Federal land starting in 2026, as per the US Fish and Wildlife Service.

(Trigger warning for the frail: Fox News link)
Fox News: lead ammo
Maybe this will do some good. A LOT of gun owners keep voting for this crap as they don't see it having any effect on them. Some more pain felt by more gun owners may just wake a few more up.

not directly related, but last time i went to scout out a shooting spot, every single road that had a potential clearing..was gated, literally no where to go in my area. edit, shooting ranges are great, but only go out to 200 yards, and then ya got to interact with other humans who may, or may not be in the proper safety first mindset..

This doesn't surprise me in the least bit. Weyerhaeuser property/leases seems to be better cared for than the BLM /Government tree farms where access is only for employees :rolleyes: BLM properties have been looking worse IMO.... even with the "allowance" of recreation.

not directly related, but last time i went to scout out a shooting spot, every single road that had a potential clearing..was gated, literally no where to go in my area. edit, shooting ranges are great, but only go out to 200 yards, and then ya got to interact with other humans who may, or may not be in the proper safety first mindset..
Sadly this again is in the lap of a lot of shooters. Too many of them take tons of trash to places to shoot and drive off and leave it. Then when the place is shut off they scream like children. Lot of people go out on their own time and own dime to clean up this mess. Too damn bad so many are determined to make the mess faster than people can clean it up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top