JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mayor Wheeler is trying to show president Biden that he doing something about. the homeless problem. He had all these years to figure out how to solve homeless camping. Ban homeless camping. Why didn't he do that several years ago?

First of all, it hasn't happened.
It's been announced that is the plan.
Second, the plan includes several large "campuses" all over the city that hold several hundred of the feral scumbags.

This appears to be a ploy to grab votes for the ultra left and progressive. It's a last minute tactic because metropolitan voters have demonstrated that they are easily swayed with words, empty promises, virtue signaling, and shiny things.

The issue I have with any of it is we have unrolled the red carpet for every other cities problems. We cater to them using tax payer funds. Delivery of food, bedding, and clothing can be seen at any single large collection of ferals that are currently in existence.
It wasn't long ago that we had law and order in this city.

It is critical in this election cycle to vote for law and order. Period.
Otherwise potlandistan will complete it's transformation to the Calcutta of the west in the next 2 years.

Use the home addresses of Portland City Club members as a guide for locating homeless centers. Places like the West Hills and Alameda. They have been patting themselves on the back for making Portland a "better place" for over 50 years by pursuing these policies that have destroyed Portland's livability.

First of all, it hasn't happened.
It's been announced that is the plan.
Second, the plan includes several large "campuses" all over the city that hold several hundred of the feral scumbags.

This appears to be a ploy to grab votes for the ultra left and progressive. It's a last minute tactic because metropolitan voters have demonstrated that they are easily swayed with words, empty promises, virtue signaling, and shiny things.

The issue I have with any of it is we have unrolled the red carpet for every other cities problems. We cater to them using tax payer funds. Delivery of food, bedding, and clothing can be seen at any single large collection of ferals that are currently in existence.
It wasn't long ago that we had law and order in this city.

It is critical in this election cycle to vote for law and order. Period.
Otherwise potlandistan will complete it's transformation to the Calcutta of the west in the next 2 years.
Part of that "plan" will include a LARGE amount of cash. The "homeless" have become a commodity. Now that its election time of course the people who made the mess have to pretend they are going to again "fix it" since they have managed to piss off a LOT of their voters. We shall see if it works yet again. Been working pretty damn good for a good while now. Tell the angry voters to give you money for the mess you made so you can fix it. 🤬

I heard ramblings of a law suit having to do with "The Americans With Disabilities Act". Tents on sidewalks don't allow people in wheel chairs, or otherwise comprised, to use those sidewalks where feral's camp.

tod whalen is a putz.

I heard ramblings of a law suit having to do with "The Americans With Disabilities Act". Tents on sidewalks don't allow people in wheel chairs, or otherwise comprised, to use those sidewalks where feral's camp.

tod whalen is a putz.

There is indeed a lawsuit concerning sidewalks, wheelchairs, and the ADA.

I hope it moves forward and is successful. It will be the starting point of how to apply current laws and forcing the city to roll up the red carpet for the feral scumbags.

The solution to all of this really is pretty simple but as was pointed it's become the "homeless industrial complex" worth at least 250 million dollars and some other estimates have it at nearly a billion bucks.
The bureaucratic family in DC has used a foreign country to launder their dirty dealings. While the turds here in potlandistan created a "problem" to siphon off tax dollars into an abyss and launder the stolen funds at the same time.

Last Edited:
Uuhhh...
... why "ban" homeless camping? Isn't defication in the street, blocking sidewalks, littering, obstruction of public spaces, dealing drugs vandalism, etc… etc… already illegal?

:s0140::s0140: … Hooo boy… sometimes I really crack myself up !!

Uuhhh...
... why "ban" homeless camping? Isn't defication in the street, blocking sidewalks, littering, obstruction of public spaces, dealing drugs vandalism, etc… etc… already illegal?

:s0140::s0140:Hooo boy… sometimes I really crack myself up !!
We'll wipe that smirk of your face. Come on out here for a visit and I'll take ya' around the hoods for a few days so you can get a real feel for the place! Hoo-Boy yeah! :s0112:

There is indeed a lawsuit concerning sidewalks, wheelchairs, and the ADA.

I hope it moves forward and is successful. It will be the starting point of how to apply current laws and forcing the city to roll up the red carpet for the feral scumbags.

The solution to all of this really is pretty simple but as was pointed it's become the "homeless industrial complex" worth at least 250 million dollars and some other estimates have it at nearly a billion bucks.
The bureaucratic family in DC has used a foreign country to launder their dirty dealings. While the turds here in potlandistan created a "problem" to siphon off tax dollars into an abyss and launder the stolen funds at the same time.
The problem started and had to have a fix in the works from the beginning. The feckless dem leaders, Republicans too I guess, NEVER, brain stormed early on for any kind of solution. Now there appears to be no solution other than to just deal with the mess, now it will always be here in varying degrees.
I'm a common sense kind of guy. I look for the negative in everything. It helps avoid, and or, deal with bad surprises. The homeless population is so large now they are their own, faction? Dammit, I can't come up with the word(s). Separate society? Any way, there needs to be a code of conduct for the people living outside, that don't have "Homes". A set of basic rules that must be followed. Face it, you can't disappear them now? They refuse to work? So many of them are not even capable of working anymore. If they are going to live on the streets, they need to follow rules. Just like us home owners and renters. People on the streets that fail to follow the basic rules for living on the street will be harassed to fall in line. Have their garbage all cleaned up and vehicles taken away if they don't keep it reasonably neat/clean.

Where I live we have had quite a few homeless campers on our street within a block and a half from our house in the last few years. We've had people that lived quietly, drugging and not drugging. Had very little in the way of belongings. Had tents. A small area just big enough to sleep in made of pallets. And we've had people that came, and over time, amassed piles of rubbish strewn with needles. Did drugs and screamed in the middle of the night. Motor homes without a mess on the sidewalk, broken down trailers with huge messes, that ended up with no wheels, that had to be drug up on a flat bed to haul off eventually. and much more.

All I have is, leave the homeless that are just living where they are(within reason of course). And harass and/or jail those that will not conform to some basic rules of conduct.

1666027021513.png

1666027093318.png

1666027419560.png

Note: Not even enough space for a wheel chair to roll by. In case you haven't heard.

Aloha, Mark

I still say, Roust them all up and put them to work in "Camps" where they can earn a living cleaning up their mess and doing "City Work" but having to stay in the program until clean amd sober! They pay taxes and are held responsible, and have to follow rules.

Those who cannot, or will not comply get sent to another "Camp" where they have no rights or privileges, and they get to work to earn their keep, but don't get to leave. They get forced to clean up and sober up, and become wards of the state, to which they work to help offset the cost of their keep!

Nobody would vote for, or allow this, but it must happen! I know folks would rail against such a thing, but we're not talking about normal people here. Those who can be "Rehabilitated" would be free to leave the program after serving their time, those who cannot, well, they would have ended up wards of the state anyway, ether in the hospital, or Prison, so it really makes no difference!

This is how you stop this and deal with it, and this is how you prevent more of the same! Sometimes the best you can do is to remember, there will always be mental illness, and there will always be people who cannot function in society, the best thing you can do for them, is to gather them up and remove them from society, but do so in a safe and humane manor, and for those who can function in society, ( after they complete the program) welcomed back to society with equally footing!

Mayor Wheeler is trying to show president Biden that he doing something about. the homeless problem. He had all these years to figure out how to solve homeless camping. Ban homeless camping. Why didn't he do that several years ago?
Unlikely anything will happen from this. If you remember, about a decade ago the city was sued and it was determined that sidewalks are public property and as such the homeless can't be stopped from camping there on public property. This ADA lawsuit may help, but is probably more likely to result in another new "bike lane 2.0" for wheelchairs rather than removal of the homeless.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top