Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Blank Firing Only? Rules and Regs?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Contract_Pilot, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Contract_Pilot

Contract_Pilot Vancouver, Washington Active Member

I need to find the law on Stage or Prop, Blank Firing Guns. I have seen them for sale but they use an odd blank round.

I wanna weld a plug into a shot out Yugo barrel just after the has port with a hole for the gas to escape may not even have to drill a hole in it enough gas may escape from the groves in the Rifling. So it can fire blanks only.. but be full auto!!

I would Also weld the barrel to the trunnion so it cannot be easily converted back to a functioning rifle.

As for not being able to chamber a live round well can cut the barrel and change the chamber to allow only 7.62X39 blanks or Drill a hole and weld a pin in the chamber so it would not be able to be chambered with a live round..

Seen some discussion online but no real BATF interpretations.

I know i could write the BATF but would rather find an interpretation that already exists.

2. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

make sure you have a video camera going when the cop's show up :argue:sounds like a lot of work to hear firecrackers going off and making a firearm full auto batf will want to get involved

3. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

4. Contract_Pilot

Contract_Pilot Vancouver, Washington Active Member

I have a Yugo kit that is not safe to build in to a working firearm.