JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was having a conversation recently with a liberal and moderately anti-gun relative who believes in a nutshell that "we live in a modern and civilized society and there really isnt any need for prepping or owning guns for self defense."

Rather than debate him head on, I changed the subject towards Black Friday, the downside of consumerism and the greed of large corporations. We talked about how stupid it was to wait in line for hours outside of a big-box store in order to be herded inside like cattle. We talked about how sad it was that people would forego spending time with family on a holiday in order to save a few bucks on meaningless consumer goods. And we talked about the selfish and greedy behavior of people who would push and fight and trample one another in order to get into a store.

Once we were in agreement on these things, I then said..."if people will fight and trample and riot like that over cheap consumer items, imagine how they will behave after an earthquake or natural disaster when they are starving and thirsty and waiting in line for necessities like food or water. Imagine what it would be like for you if you had food and water and they didnt."

He started to open his mouth to say something, and then stopped. A light sort of went on over his head.

Checkmate.

My friend Sam told me he keeps a year worth of food stored in his house. His church asked this of there members. And Sam followed there suggestion. When I asked what type of weapons he had to protect his family? He said he saw no need for guns!
I then thanked him for keeping a year's worth of food set aside for me and my wife. Because I had a arsenal of guns and ammo. But little food. And that I would be down there to get my food and anything else he had I wanted when the SHTF!
Two weeks later he told me He bought a 1911 handgun like he used in the army. And wanted to know about AR-15's.
I tried to tell him there was no need for guns. But he wouldn't have any part of that argument now!
I was just kidding him. Like I do all those who tell me there plan is to bury there head in the sand. I was surprised when he actually took action! Don't these people run violent possibilities through there minds at all? I feel sad for them and there children.:confused:

He started to open his mouth to say something, and then stopped. A light sort of went on over his head.

Nice, at least he didn't continue to argue, when are you taking him to the range? :cool:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top