JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It wasn't a review of Idiocracy, it was quote from the film.

I love this comment from a reviewer of the movie Idiocracy:

"The smartest, the most fit among us no longer procreate while the stupid screw their brains out.............................................. one left who's smart enough to know how to fix any of it."

Well maybe the way BURT wrote this confused me since I had never even heard of the Movie. YA think?

Well maybe the way BURT wrote this confused me since I had never even heard of the Movie. YA think?

What was so confusing about the post? If you actually took the time to read it instead of formulating your "gotcha" reply you'd realize that it was describing a situation within the movie.

You should see Idiocracy btw -its damn near prophetic.

My hope for humanity was shaken many years ago when I worked retail for a coupel of black fridays. But never have I witnessed anything like the videos. I have shopped on black fridays a few times as well, including Wally World this year. It was calm and pretty darn orderly.
That being said, I recognize the issues our society has and seeing the petrie dish of humans in these vids is a reminder of our slouching towards oblivion.

01:25 is correct. The Great Depression as well as the coming greater collapse are planned events to benefit the financial elite. Money/assets just change hands, from the common 98% to them. Goldman Sachs does rule the world.

I am completely debt free and realize that when the collapse comes I will really be set going forward because I am vested in real things, not paper or contracts. Dollar collapse is a mathematical certainty, not a guess. All fiat currencies collapse and the dollar is no different. I don't believe treasuries are a good investment (contrary to the person in the video) because they'll never come close to maturity. Investing in the dollar over 30 years? lol Chances are it will be toast in three years.

Sorry for the OT.

I can't tell for sure from your post but are you heavily invested in gold/silver etc...?
I have always thought that in a true collapse that those won't be worth much either.
I've thought fresh water will be more valuable.
Your thoughts?

I wouldn't mind getting sandwiched in this crowd: <broken link removed>

Looked like a crocodile pit.

A bit frilly, but still crocs.

I really don't understand why large retailers don't hire Blackwater for the day. (Or whatever stupid name they have now.) Have a bunch of hardcore operators hanging out by the electronics and the door with shotguns. I think you'll see a polite crowd.

I can't tell for sure from your post but are you heavily invested in gold/silver etc...?
I have always thought that in a true collapse that those won't be worth much either.
Your thoughts?

A little OT, but here goes.

Our economic policy is Zimbabwean. We are just printing money out of thin air to prop up an already completely bankrupt economy with the worst balance sheet on the planet and it won't last.

Either we do go through a gradual slide toward 'worse and worse' over the next 5-6 years (bowling frog) or TPTB push us over the cliff with a panic event or some unforeseen circumstance.

A Zimbabwean trying to buy food spends days panning for a speck of gold. If a collapse isn't so bad that we are in a Mad Max situation, S/G will be astronomic in value compared to toilet paper (former dollars). Only less
than 2% of Americans have PMs. Everyone has their soon to be worthless, inflated dollars.

If society is in complete collapse, then silver/gold will temporarily be useless. Thousands of years of value says that won't last though. This as opposed to a currency such as the dollar, which is our third US currency and won't be the last to go down the tubes
in just a minute time frame.

IMO, all survival type items are more important than precious metals. PMs are only good as a substitute for our monopoly money. From 1913 to today, the dollar has lost 95% of its value. It will continue to -0-; historically all fiat currencies do.
The collapse of the dollar is a mathematical certainty.

I am not 'highly invested' in PMs like I am thinking about then in terms of an investment. It is just if you have anything tied to PAPER it isn't real and will/can go 'poof' in an instant and be worth NOTHING. PMs, on the other hand will be worth
SOMETHING. All other REAL things come first though. Toilet paper, water, or a blanket. People foolishly put money/savings in IRAs actually believing there will be something there for them years down to road. There won't be.

If I had an extra $1000 I'd be buying food stores, TP, and a crank radio. If I had $10,000 I'd buy the same + silver for what was left VS leaving money in a bank earning .02% anyway. Money left in a bank can be 'stolen' from me in a keystroke, I can be locked out, overnight.
Contrary to what we are programmed to believe, banks are not a safe place to store wealth; at least they no longer are.

When you think of Silver/Gold think of it vs as 'better than paper' that is all. Real S/G BTW. Paper representations of S/G such as Gold IRAs don't count. Those are frauds. There isn't near enough real S/G for all those contracts, those are also Ponzis only.
Those that have 'certificates' really have nothing at all. JP Morgan prints fake silver certificates in the same way the US prints fake dollars in that neither are backed by anything. Once JP Morgan's ponzi collapses, silver for instance will go from $30 to many times
that value in days. All Ponzis eventually also collapse; some take many years but they do.

My original comment about the mobs at Black Friday is true. None, or very few of those people would have the foresight to own an ounce of silver. Just rampant materialism in the here and now. Gratification RIGHT NOW. You will never see such a crowd forming outside an army surplus store :) or a coin shop --- yet.

Hope that helps.

Your thoughts?

I think and easy way to look at this is go back oh maybe 150 years. What was life worth to survive and what was valued with our modern society.

1. Every one wanted protection, shelter and reliable food source. Anyone able to supply that to others
or posses it was doing well.

2. Dried food sources were used for survival, meet, grains, oats.

3. Weather, a person needed to be suited for all sorts of weather.

4. Reliable water source.

These items were among the very basics needed a person who possess these items in a collapse will do well.
Gold and Silver are only valuable when they posses power. In a non-technical world gold and silver are supported by those in power who enjoyed its visual benefits. Diamonds by design are at least materials used in all areas because they are very hard. Gold is a yellow rock and can not support life and is to soft for a weapon or tool. Silver is to hard to manufacture for a tool and therefore would not be valuable either.
Metals that are easily made into tools, knives, etc will be of value and a person possessing these ability's may be highly regarded.

Skip to 1:20. Saw this video on Black Friday crazies and the tie in to Edward Bernais who was probably more responsible for American's mentality toward consumerism than any one man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads