JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Latest updates

Power shut off times are estimated to begin within the timeframes provided below by area for Friday, Sept. 9:
  • Area 1: Mt. Hood Corridor/Foothills: Power Off
  • Area 2: Columbia River Gorge: Power Off
  • Area 3: Oregon City: Power Off
  • Area 4: Estacada: Power Off
  • Area 5: Scotts Mills: Power Off
  • Area 6: Portland West Hills: Power Off
  • Area 7: Tualatin Mountains: Power Off
  • Area 8: North West Hills: Power Off
  • Area 9: Central West Hills: Power Off
  • Area 10: Southern West Hills: Power Off
In addition, while the following areas are not in the designated high fire risk zones or in the PSPS areas, because of the imminent high winds, the extreme fire conditions currently found in Oregon and in partnership with local officials, the areas of Silverdale/Corbett and Silver Falls will also experience preventive outages.
  • Preventive Outage Area - Silver Falls: Power Off
  • Preventive Outage Area - Silverdale/Corbett: Power Off

View attachment 1273809PSPS higher-risk areas

PSPS higher-risk areas

This map appears to show only PGE-supplied areas. For a PP&L map, see Gray Goose's post (#17).

Banks is back on. I feel slightly responsible, gave a poor soul over there at PGE a few words.

Oakridge just went to a level 3 evacuation alert.
That's too bad. South Salem has an area that went to a level 3 evac earlier. I had a CAT scan very near there this afternoon and had lots of the heavy equipment pass me headed towards the fire. I have friends who live in the area and will be praying for them.

That's too bad. South Salem has an area that went to a level 3 evac earlier. I had a CAT scan very near there this afternoon and had lots of the heavy equipment pass me headed towards the fire. I have friends who live in the area and will be praying for them.
Its in the Skyline/Vitae Springs area. Sounds like they've got it surrounded with fire personnel but its not contained due to the terrain. They've got a copter and a couple of air tankers dropping water. Hoping everybody and their livestock got out.

Banks is back on. I feel slightly responsible, gave a poor soul over there at PGE a few words.
Gosh I hate that. I get to the point also where I don't care who gets ragged on. Maybe if THEIR life was made a living hell, word would go up the chain of command. But I know that doesn't happen, and all that happens is make the poor working stiff feel like hell.

Question:
The BIG fires of '20?-'21? Haven't power companies made giant efforts to get flammables away from the powerlines? Seems like that should have been a HIGH priority?

Gosh I hate that. I get to the point also where I don't care who gets ragged on. Maybe if THEIR life was made a living hell, word would go up the chain of command. But I know that doesn't happen, and all that happens is make the poor working stiff feel like hell.

Question:
The BIG fires of '20?-'21? Haven't power companies made giant efforts to get flammables away from the powerlines? Seems like that should have been a HIGH priority?
I wasn't too hard on the first one to answer. It was the "supervisor" that got my more choice words.

As for your questions, that was most of the dialogue I used. I pay my taxes and have never missed an electric bill. I expect them to have this under control, especially since I can't go and switch to another provider.

I wasn't too hard on the first one to answer. It was the "supervisor" that got my more choice words.

As for your questions, that was most of the dialogue I used. I pay my taxes and have never missed an electric bill. I expect them to have this under control, especially since I can't go and switch to another provider.
I'm probably safe here. The homeless, druggie scum that had been just a half block *East* from us, with his piles of syringe studded rubbish surrounding his van has moved on. I could imagine him torching his piles cookin' up dope and the fire blowing my way.
I'd told myself if I'd lost power to the point of loosing my frozen food I'd be stacking the rotting stuff in the street. The city could eat it!

The Vitae Springs/Skyline fire.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-10 093303.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-09-10 093303.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 41
I can't imagine why anyone would want to move away from Salem?!?!? Next week marks three years for me 😁
I moved to get a job.

Salem was/is ok, still have family there, but the area is not that special to me, can't compare to where I live now (16 acres, one third forested, on a mountain).

Plus, Salem is where my ex lives. My daughter will not live within 20-30 miles because of her mother's family and her mother living there. Pretty much avoids the area altogether for those reasons.

Oakridge just went to a level 3 evacuation alert.

Is Oakridge still around? I can't find updates on the fires movement.
My buddy and his wife stayed with me last night. Oakridge and Westfir are evacuated. Seems like more of a precausion at this point.

They are trying to head back now but expect to be turned back at the road block at the 58/Dexter Bridge.

It was good to have some company.
Hope everyone stays safe.

EDIT....5 miles from High Prairie so 10 miles from Oakridge.

EDIT:.....In other news...saw a program on PBS last week promoting a ground breaking new idea......hiring people to go into the woods to remove.....Trees....

Imagine that....cutting wood out of the forests BEFORE it burns.....These government guys are friggin' geniuses....who else would cum up with such an innovative idea....cutting timber....Multi billion dollar research program.....exploring the concept of removing trees from the forests......and not just that.....turning the trees into lumber and wood products....who knows what they'll come up with next...what a great time to be alive.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top