JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why I store food, water and ammo.
This would happen in every city and town but with food and water after the mildest of storms or power outages.
We're only 9 meals away from anarchy folks.
The line from Men In Black said by Agent K sums it up perfectly;
" A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."
I trust very few in my life, aside from family and some close friends this is how I see most poeople and how I will see most people if ever SHTF.
We may not show it often, But we're all still just one step (if that) above animals...
..Well then again.. even animals have order..often we do not.

So when your relatives pass on, I can have their stuff?
No Bill of Rights? I mean those things allow you certain entitlements right?

That's what you mean by no entitlements right?
Or just "no entitlements" under certain parameters?
484115_10151007881457740_298965773_n.jpg

484115_10151007881457740_298965773_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
there arent enough guns in the state of oregon to get me out shopping on black friday. i would rather be shot in the head than go out into that bees nest called black friday. i am an internet shopper more all the time just because i just dont like the public much these days. what a flippen nightmare!

I ventured out and bought a car!

No, really...I bought a car off of an old lady in Seattle today, surprisingly there were no 'obama/biden' bumper stickers on it. (It's a subaru)

Curious you do know the phone she's talking about was actually paid for by a private company as part of a telecommunications program that dates back to the Truman adminstration right?

It is not financed by tax dollars in any way nor did Obama have a damn thing to do with it.

Not that he doesn't love talking credit for things other people do.

This is why I store food, water and ammo.
This would happen in every city and town but with food and water after the mildest of storms or power outages.
We're only 9 meals away from anarchy folks.
The line from Men In Black said by Agent K sums it up perfectly;
" A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."
I trust very few in my life, aside from family and some close friends this is how I see most poeople and how I will see most people if ever SHTF.
We may not show it often, But we're all still just one step (if that) above animals...
..Well then again.. even animals have order..often we do not.

The common ground squirrel has more sense than the average human. That is why I've never had the heart to shoot one and I've got the .22s to get the job done, I'll tell you ... :)

Love that line from Men in Black. Also this one -

Not sure where your reviewer is from or when but facts are better then pure bull.

The two highest grossing films to date appear to be Avatar a Movie about humans greed. And Titanic a movie about mans vanity. Both about the tragedy those attributes can bring.

I don't see your point. The quote was from a reviewer of a fictional, silly movie for entertainment; not Shakespeare.

Does everyone of your posts always have to be argumentative in a Cliff Claven sort of tone with everyone, or do you ever have an original thought or an 'atta boy' for anyone? I am sure you are a great guy, but maybe you should ease up a bit on jumping done everyone's throat constantly.

I have a friend like that - if I say black he says white kind of guy and it gets a little old after a while. No harm no foul I guess you can just be ignored.

I bought a rifle at Dick's, but that was on Wednesday when the store was empty.

On Friday, I went to my local Bi-Mart to pick up ammo for said rifle. I got there around 11AM, found a parking spot right away, walked back to the gun counter and got the ammo, and got through the checkout line in 2 minutes. No long lines, no crowds. I'm sure it was a different story at 5AM when they opened, but they still had plenty of ammo left in the early afternoon.

last year, i got stuck in the southbound i-5 traffic that was stopped due to all the morons attempting to park along the off ramp, on the freeway, and wherever they could in woodburn. that woodburn outlet strip mall is total BS. this year, i went around it by taking exit 282, going south on highway 551, merging on to 99E, and rolling along into brooks. i took a right at brookdale road and found myself back at i-5. i wasted no time and got around that mess of idiots.

I bought a rifle at Dick's, but that was on Wednesday when the store was empty.

On Friday, I went to my local Bi-Mart to pick up ammo for said rifle. I got there around 11AM, found a parking spot right away, walked back to the gun counter and got the ammo, and got through the checkout line in 2 minutes. No long lines, no crowds. I'm sure it was a different story at 5AM when they opened, but they still had plenty of ammo left in the early afternoon.

I ventured out to Bi-Mart on BF but not because it was BF. I just wanted some powder for reloading, and surprisingly found it was on sale anyway. It was busier than usual, but no insanity.

"Our enormously productive economy demands that we make consumption our way of life, that we convert the buying and use of goods into rituals, that we seek our spiritual satisfactions, our ego satisfactions, in consumption. The measure of social status, of social acceptance, of prestige, is now to be found in our consumptive patterns. The very meaning and significance of our lives today expressed in consumptive terms. The greater the pressures upon the individual to conform to safe and accepted social standards, the more does he tend to express his aspirations and his individuality in terms of what he wears, drives, eats- his home, his car, his pattern of food serving, his hobbies.

These commodities and services must be offered to the consumer with a special urgency. We require not only "forced draft" consumption, but "expensive" consumption as well. We need things consumed, burned up, worn out, replaced, and discarded at an ever increasing pace. We need to have people eat, drink, dress, ride, live, with ever more complicated and, therefore, constantly more expensive consumption. The home power tools and the whole "do-it-yourself" movement are excellent examples of "expensive" consumption."

--President Eisenhower's Financial retail analyst, Victor Labow

I don't see your point. The quote was from a reviewer of a fictional, silly movie for entertainment; not Shakespeare.

Does everyone of your posts always have to be argumentative in a Cliff Claven sort of tone with everyone, or do you ever have an original thought or an 'atta boy' for anyone? I am sure you are a great guy, but maybe you should ease up a bit on jumping done everyone's throat constantly.

I have a friend like that - if I say black he says white kind of guy and it gets a little old after a while. No harm no foul I guess you can just be ignored.

Yes everyone of my posts has to be like that. Its my thing like your thing is the whole Gee I can't wait for the end of the world cause I'm better then you thing. As to my comments on a the review you quoted. I saw no where that you indicated the review was fiction or based on a movie that doesn't exist. I commented on what I read here.

The is a country of checks and balances some of them are totally out of wack I can't do anything about that. But if I can post a challenge to some of the mean silly stupid crap that pops up here then consider it a check or a balance.

Yes everyone of my posts has to be like that. Its my thing like your thing is the whole Gee I can't wait for the end of the world cause I'm better then you thing. As to my comments on a the review you quoted. I saw no where that you indicated the review was fiction or based on a movie that doesn't exist. I commented on what I read here.

The is a country of checks and balances some of them are totally out of wack I can't do anything about that. But if I can post a challenge to some of the mean silly stupid crap that pops up here then consider it a check or a balance.

Oh I get it. So you're the self-appointed voice of reason amidst the ignorant, misguided kooks on the internet.

Hey, thanks for coming in today........

I look forward to mother nature/god/economy/apocalypse/whatever flushing the toilet on what humans have created. Civilizations have been destroying themselves forever, some for the very same reasons we saw yesterday. The only difference is the civilization/empire is global, rather than regional. There is enough of us that can think independently, solve problems effectively, create and fix machines, and practice common sense regularly. TEOTWAWKI would be an opportunity for Darwinism to be reborn, human life would regain it's value and the more intelligent of our species would again repopulate the planet. Hopefully remembering what an infestation humans can be. Ask yourself "What would you do if termites began infesting your habitat?" Destroy them, right? Too many mice? Kill them. The smart ones will survive that mini apocalypse and carry on making the species stronger. Humans will do the same thing when the greed has ruined what we created.

The smart ones will survive that mini apocalypse and carry on making the species stronger. Humans will do the same thing when the greed has ruined what we created.

I sort of agree. Based on quantifiable intelligence, I would guess that a large majority of the most "brilliant minds" that exist today are in institutions -- universities, research labs, technology companies, drafted by the financial industry, etc. They are deeply entrenched in the current system, and unless they have a greater awareness, will probably go down with the ship.

In my opinion the "smart ones" that will survive, are people who think for themselves, see the big picture, are adaptable, communicate well, work well with others, see the interdependence of overlapping systems, and can think past their next meal. Creative, agile, resilient, adaptive thinking, and a calm steady approach will probably outlast all kinds of stupidity, and all kinds of intelligence.

As far as consumerism goes, its just sad. All of our potential to imagine better worlds, and so little will or conviction to build them. The human mind has developed to integrate information for survival, media and marketing have perfected tapping into that program, and over-writing the code. There is not one ounce of self respect, or common sense, in a person who would fight for trinkets. Yeah, its just sad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top