JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, I think that was the year all the freaks were starting fires intentionally? Election year? It would also help if government would use there federal funds to keep forests maintained?

Last Edited:
Yep, I think that was the year all the freaks were starting fires intentionally? Election year? It would also help if government would use there federal funds to keep forests maintained?
There were some arsons.

The Chehalem fire was not on purpose - but it was human stupidity that caused it. I have not heard what happened to the people who caused it, but I hoped they were punished - they did violate the burn ban.

It seems like they have gone full blown f##king panic over a hot windy day. All this will do is trigger arsonists to start fires again. We get weather like this almost annually.

They notified me my power will likely be cut off for a day. I have mixed feelings on that. Have they ensured that won't impact communication or water supplies if there is a fire. Reminds me of wearing masks. It seems like a good idea, but is it really preventing anything?

Reminds me of how big a deal they were making of 100 degree days this summer. We always get 100 degree days in the summer. It was not like it was going to hit 114 again.

My home is in the area that they say will probably get shut off. I guess I'll fire up the gasoline generator and hope that doesn't start a fire. I'm certain it's far safer to have thousands of people running backup generators that sometimes fault and catch fire than leaving the power on, you know, just in case. Sarcasm off now.

Consumers Power has cut power in at least the Pedee area. I encountered this about 2 PM this afternoon, and my sister-in-law just confirmed that her power is off there.

I'm not sure if this is because of a downed line, precautionary disconnection, or the BPA cutting off supply to Consumers.

Consumers Power has cut power in at least the Pedee area. I encountered this about 2 PM this afternoon, and my sister-in-law just confirmed that her power is off there.

I'm not sure if this is because of a downed line, precautionary disconnection, or the BPA cutting off supply to Consumers.
I still have power here near Newberg.

I used to hunt out near Peedee and Kings Valley. It was a nice area then (almost 50 years ago). Haven't been there in about 20 years - drove thru once on the way back from the coast.

Latest updates

Power shut off times are estimated to begin within the timeframes provided below by area for Friday, Sept. 9:
  • Area 1: Mt. Hood Corridor/Foothills: Power Off
  • Area 2: Columbia River Gorge: Power Off
  • Area 3: Oregon City: Power Off
  • Area 4: Estacada: Power Off
  • Area 5: Scotts Mills: Power Off
  • Area 6: Portland West Hills: Power Off
  • Area 7: Tualatin Mountains: Power Off
  • Area 8: North West Hills: Power Off
  • Area 9: Central West Hills: Power Off
  • Area 10: Southern West Hills: Power Off
In addition, while the following areas are not in the designated high fire risk zones or in the PSPS areas, because of the imminent high winds, the extreme fire conditions currently found in Oregon and in partnership with local officials, the areas of Silverdale/Corbett and Silver Falls will also experience preventive outages.
  • Preventive Outage Area - Silver Falls: Power Off
  • Preventive Outage Area - Silverdale/Corbett: Power Off

psps-map-512x275.png PSPS higher-risk areas

PSPS higher-risk areas

Bet a lot of people wish they had bought a decent genset now? Wife was kicking a little at the last one I bought. At my age I no longer think its fun to "rough it". I like comfort. One kid was asking me about the latest Genset when he saw me setting it up. Saying he did not "think" it would be needed where we live. I told him if I never have to use it, will not bother me a bit. I like having it here because I like comfort.

In Lane County the town of Oakridge is at a Level 2 evacuation level (Cedar Creek Fire) and due for power to go kaput at 5PM today. Not good............................. tough to get alerts?????????????

Foreverlost,

Ok. So let me get this straight. We going to allow a fairly important commodity like electricity get shut off in the "chance" it prevents a fire?

I've been on hold with PGE and my city to give anyone stupid enough to answer a bit of my mind.

Ok. So let me get this straight. We going to allow a fairly important commodity like electricity get shut off in the "chance" it prevents a fire?

I've been on hold with PGE and my city to give anyone stupid enough to answer a bit of my mind.
It's because putting out a fire is impossible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top