JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to Bi Mart today to find, like most of the times, their stock of rifle or pistol ammo is 99.9 % cleaned out. While buying a box of 20 gauge shells, the lady behind the counter asked if I wanted or needed 1-2 boxes of their last 357 125 grain on the shelf. I told her no, [but would have taken a box or two if they were 158 grain as I have a bunch anyhow], but the man next to me, was surprised to see that they had 2 boxes of 357. I asked the clerk to see if the the man next to me wanted a box or two. She turned to him, offering in hand both boxes of 357, which in my view was a royal gift for him; but he told her that he would take one box, and she challenged him politely, if he would like the second box, and he replied "not at that price!". He took the box, turned around and walked out. I do not recall if he said "thank you". Odd! Maybe he was not familiar with how hard it is to find that ammo.

I went to Bi Mart today to find, like most of the times, their stock of rifle or pistol ammo is 99.9 % cleaned out. While buying a box of 20 gauge shells, the lady behind the counter asked if I wanted or needed 1-2 boxes of their last 357 125 grain on the shelf. I told her no, [but would have taken a box or two if they were 158 grain as I have a bunch anyhow], but the man next to me, was surprised to see that they had 2 boxes of 357. I asked the clerk to see if the the man next to me wanted a box or two. She turned to him, offering in hand both boxes of 357, which in my view was a royal gift for him; but he told her that he would take one box, and she challenged him politely, if he would like the second box, and he replied "not at that price!". He took the box, turned around and walked out. I do not recall if he said "thank you". Odd! Maybe he was not familiar with how hard it is to find that ammo.
I would have wrestled you both for them.

Some of these people just toss out buzzwords and hope something sticks. Dude was looking at the shot shell section and asked if there was any 300 blackout. It doesn't come in boxes that big for $5, dude. The same type of people that think BOGO means buy just one half off

Had a great chat with the clerk at another BiMart. Fifteen minutes before close, I'm looking at 6mm bullets, *not* cartridges. She steps over, asking if she can help. I ask to see the 6mm 105gr Bergers. "Sir, I need to ask, you are aware that these are bullets for reloading, not loaded ammunition?"
There's a dumbfounded, long pause from me, and I rhetorically reply, "are people that stupid?" Big sigh from her, and a great conversation ensued. All the same lot number, she sold me all three boxes (despite the limit of two....).

Had a great chat with the clerk at another BiMart. Fifteen minutes before close, I'm looking at 6mm bullets, *not* cartridges. She steps over, asking if she can help. I ask to see the 6mm 105gr Bergers. "Sir, I need to ask, you are aware that these are bullets for reloading, not loaded ammunition?"
There's a dumbfounded, long pause from me, and I rhetorically reply, "are people that stupid?" Big sigh from her, and a great conversation ensued. All the same lot number, she sold me all three boxes (despite the limit of two....).
This is why the are called bullet heads.

lool

If I didn't know you were probably somewhere West of the river I'd a thunk you were at the Halsey/122nd BiMart. There's a gal at the gun counter that could sound just like that. :D

I know exactly who you're talking about. She's an awesome lady.

I'm not talking about Laura. The other regular gal there that's seems a bit short with the customer at time's. Has taken me to be an idjut a time or two. Laura, we know because she lives in our hood. One of her daughters has has worked for Wifey, the other at the RiteAide. Laura is quite the outdoorswoman, avid shooter/camper, etc.

Keizer. Nuttin' idjit about her.
We talked about reading signs, individual responsibility, when she was stationed in Japan, Covid p(l)andemic, governors and stupid shutdowns, reloading, shortages. Sharp lady.

Keizer. Nuttin' idjit about her.
We talked about reading signs, individual responsibility, when she was stationed in Japan, Covid p(l)andemic, governors and stupid shutdowns, reloading, shortages. Sharp lady.

You are talking about the Halsey/ 122nd store then?

"are people that stupid?"
Maybe, at this time, especially if they are 'new' gun owners with no previous experience.

I read a while back (can't remember where) but someone was duping people into some sort of mail order scam where he was selling them '50 round boxes of bullets' - and he was doing just that - sending them 50 rounds of component bullets - at loaded ammo prices.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads