JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
LA Times paywall
Geologists say there is a 50% chance California will be hit with a magnitude 7.0 or greater earthquake in the next three decades. What would that look like?

Step 1: Massive Earthquake
Step 2: FEMA failures, breakdown of law, looting, uptick in crime
Step 3: Everyone who can gets out while the gettin' is possible
Step 4: Property values tank, all the while the right-aisle folks are prepped so they sit back and enjoy
Step 5: Everyone is gone but the preppers
Step 6: I buy beachfront property for cheap
Step 7: California goes red in its next election cycle
Step 8: New CA Government scraps just about everything, starting fresh with a constitutionalist's mindset
Step 9: Paradise

Yea, I know. Dreaming. :rolleyes:

Seasonal affected disorder :s0140:

Seems to be. The financial market is crashing, CA is going to have an earthquake in the next 30 years (what an original prediction eh?) and grabbers are gonna ban everything besides loofahs and warm milk.

:rolleyes:

Step 1: Massive Earthquake
Step 2: FEMA failures, breakdown of law, looting, uptick in crime
Step 3: Everyone who can gets out while the gettin' is possible
Step 4: Property values tank, all the while the right-aisle folks are prepped so they sit back and enjoy
Step 5: Everyone is gone but the preppers
Step 6: I buy beachfront property for cheap
Step 7: California goes red in its next election cycle
Step 8: New CA Government scraps just about everything, starting fresh with a constitutionalist's mindset
Step 9: Paradise

Yea, I know. Dreaming. :rolleyes:
Kalifornia Dreamin' to be exact :s0140:

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Now how can you go wrong with a prediction like that? Either it will happen or it won't. Either way they are right. Means absolutely nothing.

Sort of like predicting the weather in OryGun, You look out the window and see if it's raining: Yup, it's raining! Not raining, Hang around, it will soon enough!! It's OryGun, it always rains even when the suns out!

Sort of like predicting the weather in OryGun, You look out the window and see if it's raining: Yup, it's raining! Not raining, Hang around, it will soon enough!! It's OryGun, it always rains even when the suns out!

Not here, in the American part of OryGun.

It may snow while the sun is shining brightly, but not rain......well, sometimes rain....or hail.....

BTW, I happened to be in SoCal getting ready for a 3 gun match when I rode out a 7.3 quake.

Interesting, but nothing scary.

Why are there so many doom and gloom threads lately?
It "sells" so to speak. Anyone who ever watches much of the "news" since they became a 24/7 enterprise sees a lot. If you don't throw up headlines to grab attention who is going to watch?
This is the same kind of thing. A LOT of the public is always all in on "the sky is falling" kind of stories for some reason. It's certainly a good idea to not go through life with head in sand, not prepared for any problems but, I have never been one to live my life with the idea that I need to constantly "watch for" the next disaster.
This state is also supposedly going to be hit with a really good shake some day. May not be in my life time. We do prepare for it to some extent. We could easily live a week waiting for the Gov to get here with help but I am of course not building a bunker :D Not to mention if we get hit with one big enough to make the house fall? Well then most of what we have will not do much good but figure we will deal with that if it happens. In the mean time have too many other things to care about.

It "sells" so to speak. Anyone who ever watches much of the "news" since they became a 24/7 enterprise sees a lot. If you don't throw up headlines to grab attention who is going to watch?
This is the same kind of thing. A LOT of the public is always all in on "the sky is falling" kind of stories for some reason. It's certainly a good idea to not go through life with head in sand, not prepared for any problems but, I have never been one to live my life with the idea that I need to constantly "watch for" the next disaster.
This state is also supposedly going to be hit with a really good shake some day. May not be in my life time. We do prepare for it to some extent. We could easily live a week waiting for the Gov to get here with help but I am of course not building a bunker :D Not to mention if we get hit with one big enough to make the house fall? Well then most of what we have will not do much good but figure we will deal with that if it happens. In the mean time have too many other things to care about.

Soooooo....the sky ISN'T falling?

:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews