JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few vendors are realizing that when the man buys a gun the wife/gf is gonna wanna buy something also & I've been seeing more & more stuff being sold at the gunshow that is not gun related
It's horrible in California and getting worse in Oregon. The last few shows I went to in Costa Mesa and Del Mar around 2011were an absolute $#i+ show. If I recall, a lady at one of the Albany Oregon shows a few years ago was selling crystal stemware and dishes. I had seen her at a few other shows. Memory is a bit fuzzy but I'm pretty sure I saw what I saw and it wasn't a hippie selling blown glass pipes and water bongs.

Last Edited:
Kinda like the guy that owns Tactical Arms and Ammunition from St Helens OR taking over all the Portland Expo shows.
I think that's a little different. Tactical is more of a manufacturer of barrels, parts and ammunition. I believe Rob sells a few firearms here and there, but I wouldn't classify his primary business as a gun store by any stretch. He was presented with an opportunity when Wes Knodel started going down hill and jumped on it. With the way guns shows have been last 6 or 7 years, I'm not sure I would've made the same move but to each their own

Disclosure- I used to work for the guy, but it's been a few years.

I thought rape and robbery was illegal. The prices at the gun show at Clark County WA fairgrounds were insane. A rifle available at BImart was twice the price. Nothing bought by me!!!!!!! Crazy thing was, some were actually buying at prices higher than could be found at the classified section here.
Oh, you had the misfortune of discovering Big Flop. Not much love for them around here...

Can't disagree with anything said about the Vancouver gun show. But, if you're "shopping" for a handgun and just want to "handle" one to see if you like it for fit and etc. A Big Top show can be useful. But, no I wouldn't buy one there.

The show in Chehalis isn't too bad.

Every couple of years I try to make it out to the Big Reno show. With GunBroker, Ebay, and all the other forums, sellers pretty much know the going prices on their stuff. The opportunity for bargains are long gone. But it's still fun to walk around and see stuff that I don't normally see in CA.

There's a decent range outside of Reno. Cabela's and Scheels too for some new gun handling. All in, it's a fun weekend even if I don't buy anything but some jerky.

I grew up in gun shows. As a kid, lumping for the table holders and dealers: set up and take down. I am the first to agree that largely the whole experience has deteriorated in some locales and some shows.

There are still some good shows in the Northwest. Albany and Rickreall are a couple examples. The Collector's Antique show each August in Portland is refreshing and unless you're stupid, you will learn something there (from the displays as well as the sales tables).

Best little show in the Northwest? (and it ain't so little anymore): Kalispell in March. More than worth the drive.

But I've bought more than one "sleeper" on the cheap at a "Crappy Portland Expo Show".
The Rickreall ones are usually pretty good but the last couple times not at all sadly =(

A fool and their money are soon parted. I gave up on gunshows long ago. Many of the old timers with decent guns and parts are gone. Replaced by dealers and people selling swords and sweat shop "tactical" equipment. Plus, no one seems to wear deodorant or wipes thoroughly.
I can happily go to my grave never knowing how you determined that last bit. šŸ˜

Ya think the shows will be any better or just continuations of the same?

Actually the last Redmond show I attended wasn't too bad.
I've been to Remond several times and have actually found some good deals there. Most of those guys seem pretty willing to deal. Also I met our fellow forum member @oremike (The Proficient Marksman) there... long before I ever knew about the forum.

Big Top is mostly one huge dealer/distributor that runs the entire show. Very little competition. Their prices are insanely stupid.

You are far better off going to the gun show at the fairgrounds in Centralia. Also the Falcon show at Yard Birds in Chehalis is very good. The Centralia show is a lot like the older shows with lots of small dealers and private sellers. The Falcon show has lots of dealers. Last time I was there Paul Harrell was there selling t-shirts and other stuff. He was quite happy to talk with anybody who stopped on by!

Big Top shows in Vancouver should be avoided unless you have so much money that you just don't care.

Can't disagree with anything said about the Vancouver gun show. But, if you're "shopping" for a handgun and just want to "handle" one to see if you like it for fit and etc. A Big Top show can be useful. But, no I wouldn't buy one there.
Yes!. I wanted to buy a CZ Rami or a PCR. Didn't know which one I wanted.
They had both lying there next to each other.

As soon as I picked up the Rami I knew that it was NOT the gun I wanted. The PCR felt so much better (to me).

Bought the PCR from Sporting Systems for a couple hundred less than the Big Top price.
Used the savings to buy a nice holster and some spare mags.

Big Top is mostly one huge dealer/distributor that runs the entire show. Very little competition. Their prices are insanely stupid.

Big Top shows in Vancouver should be avoided unless you have so much money that you just don't care.
Facts. This outfit caters mostly to new/first-time gun buyers and/or panic buyers who haven't shopped around and don't know any better. Their prices can often literally be double the price you can find for the same item for just about anywhere else. Makes Gun Broker look like the bargain bin outlet.

As noted by others, this is mostly just a single large vendor (LC Sports) and you won't find dozens of additional independent sellers there like you would at a traditional gun show. Avoid these "shows" (and I use the term in the loosest sense possible) by all means.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top