JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought rape and robbery was illegal. The prices at the gun show at Clark County WA fairgrounds were insane. A rifle available at BImart was twice the price. Nothing bought by me!!!!!!! Crazy thing was, some were actually buying at prices higher than could be found at the classified section here.

The prices at the gun show at Clark County WA fairgrounds were insane.
Could you determine any specific reasons for the insane prices? Were these dealers 'playing' on paranoia or fears of say uninformed or unknowing people?

I have gone to a lot of gunshows in my life and something I have always seen is there is a element of 'cheese & sleaze' with SOME I have seen. At the same time I have encountered dealers/sellers who were friendly and realistic and didn't have any of the bad elements.
Many of the old timers with decent guns and parts are gone.
Mostly true but we still have a few of these types at our ''small' shows in LapIne!

I gave up on gun shows 20+ years ago when I realized I could beat gun show prices on everything, including the jerky. In the '90s they were fun but as the new century began they deteriorated to coins, cheap toys, cheaper knives and occasionally gun or ammo shows. Nowadays I refuse to drive 30 miles to pay $20 or more for the privilege of looking at overpriced crap.

Sorry to hear this show was a bust.

The one in Mt. Vernon Wa. this weekend was pretty good.
Lots of different guns , friendly people and the prices seemed fair.

Granted it was not like a gun show of 20 , 30 or 40 years ago....
Nor were the prices , and variety of firearms , the same as then....but it ain't 1980 no more.

I do understand the disappointment of paying to park , paying to get in and find the show full of sh!t you don't want or have a interest in.
Been to plenty of gun shows like that...just pointing that every once in awhile a good , by today's standards , show pops up , every now and then.
Andy

I was told by a dealer that goes to shows that if I were to go to a show as a vendor all my ammo would be bought up by the other dealers before the doors open on Saturday. Then of course the other dealers would sell my ammo at their marked up prices. It's nice to know there is such a demand for my products, and too bad I don't have any inventory. It all goes out the door as fast as I can make it.

I moved to WA early last year from CA, I just want you guys to know that you should count your blessings that there are even guns for show and sale in a Gun Show here. In CA, gun shows are mostly about beef jerky and knives. Maybe a black powder muzzle loader here and there.

I moved to WA early last year from CA, I just want you guys to know that you should count your blessings that there are even guns for show and sale in a Gun Show here. In CA, gun shows are mostly about beef jerky and knives. Maybe a black powder muzzle loader here and there.
Sorry, but I don't see the privilege in paying parking and entry fees to go handle a bunch of imported chinese crap being sold by people who could have used a shower and a breath mint 22 years ago, all the while surrounded by mouth-breathing former Navy SEALS who all killed Bin-Laden, twice.

I haven't been to one since the bug became a thing. Too bad as I really enjoy them, even though I rarely buy anything. Sometimes you'll stumble across a widget you know you need but can't find on the internet. Or just being around the guns and eavesdropping on liars. About the same price as going to a movie and about as fun

I gave up on gun shows 20+ years ago when I realized I could beat gun show prices on everything, including the jerky. In the '90s they were fun but as the new century began they deteriorated to coins, cheap toys, cheaper knives and occasionally gun or ammo shows. Nowadays I refuse to drive 30 miles to pay $20 or more for the privilege of looking at overpriced crap.
The sleezy swap meet vendors that some how get in and sell garbage knives and crack off their crappy tasers the whole show drive me insane. I'd rather sit in Sister Mary Elephant's classroom and let her run fingernails down the chalk board.

Last Edited:
Alligator Jerky is actually pretty good... :rolleyes:

I still have a couple Walthers from one of the last good shows I attended... In the late 70's.
From one the bigger importers of most of the old surplus PP's out there.

It's definitely not the same these days. :(

Did I mention the 'Gator jerky...? :s0155:

I thought rape and robbery was illegal. The prices at the gun show at Clark County WA fairgrounds were insane. A rifle available at BImart was twice the price. Nothing bought by me!!!!!!! Crazy thing was, some were actually buying at prices higher than could be found at the classified section here.
So a gun show

Yep stick to the classifieds where they only want 20% over current retail for used guns.
Looks like you are bitter, a new forum member, or both. Stick around awhile. I can attest I'm not selling or buying at a 20% mark up here. Lots of good folks are willing to deal in the NF classifieds.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top