JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could you determine any specific reasons for the insane prices? Were these dealers 'playing' on paranoia or fears of say uninformed or unknowing people?

I have gone to a lot of gunshows in my life and something I have always seen is there is a element of 'cheese & sleaze' with SOME I have seen. At the same time I have encountered dealers/sellers who were friendly and realistic and didn't have any of the bad elements.

Mostly true but we still have a few of these types at our ''small' shows in LapIne!
Those were unvaccinated prices, because their patience is wearing thin.

I was suffering GUN SHOW WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME . so headed for centrailia gun show saturday, read about battlground gun show, so thought i would check it out. kinda got lost arrived at 12:30 show was over everybody packing up. lady at the show told me about clark county show, so headed over there, $6.00 PARKING, $10.00 AT THE DOOR. one giant table of new guns, table of swords and knifes, one large display of LADYS PURSES???????????????????? lots of insanely overpriced ammo. medeivel knight helmets. not one used or old gun. too late for centrailia show. so almost 200 mile trip for nothing. (centrailia show is small but ok show) too bad i got sidetracked.

My observation is there is a contingent of firearm 'owners' who drive a certain part of the gun industry with regard to prices for certain guns, ammo, accessories etc.

This 'contingent' seems to be continually in 'flux' with regard to what they want or think they need and are always describing what they are either buying, building or fantasizing about wanting. They seem to be motivated by current political trends and events, and base their wants, desires and purchases on them. I believe a large part of the gun industry reaps their rewards from these types and are probably largely in part responsible for creating a lot of this urgency and paranoia in the gun community.

On the 'flip side' there are gun owners who are long term owners of certain styles and types of firearms who concentrate on them primarily, shoot them frequently and have made them an 'ingrained' part of their gun ownership and shooting interests.

These types typically have a more 'worldly' view of guns, with some possible historical and 'classic' aspects of the certain models and brands they own and have a deeper appreciation for them as well.

With regard to this some of the guns and accessories within this demographic have maintained a more 'stable' and realistic price structure than some others.

I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again. The same guy who runs Big Top is the same guy who owns L.C. Sports, the main "vendor" at Big Top shows. It is basically a traveling gun store and a waste of time...I did find it interesting that their radio advertisements refereed to it as a "gun sale" and not a "gun show"

I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again. The same guy who runs Big Top is the same guy who owns L.C. Sports, the main "vendor" at Big Top shows. It is basically a traveling gun store and a waste of time...I did find it interesting that their radio advertisements refereed to it as a "gun sale" and not a "gun show"
Kinda like the guy that owns Tactical Arms and Ammunition from St Helens OR taking over all the Portland Expo shows.

A fool and their money are soon parted. I gave up on gunshows long ago. Many of the old timers with decent guns and parts are gone. Replaced by dealers and people selling swords and sweat shop "tactical" equipment. Plus, no one seems to wear deodorant or wipes thoroughly.
Hey... I like swords.

Seriously, though, I'll miss the WAC shows when they're gone. At a minimum, it's always nice to go hang out for a couple hours with a few hundred mostly like-minded people. I like the Kramer holster dude at the Puyallup shows, and usually score a couple magazines I need plus some ammo I can't find at local stores or online (i.e., .38 SPL wadcutters, etc). Believe it or not, I've gotten some really good deals on used guns over the years at the WAC shows.

But yeah, there is the smell factor. Maybe some guys are so afraid of missing the one good deal at the show, they skip the shower to try to get there as soon as the gates open?

I grew up in gun shows. As a kid, lumping for the table holders and dealers: set up and take down. I am the first to agree that largely the whole experience has deteriorated in some locales and some shows.

There are still some good shows in the Northwest. Albany and Rickreall are a couple examples. The Collector's Antique show each August in Portland is refreshing and unless you're stupid, you will learn something there (from the displays as well as the sales tables).

Best little show in the Northwest? (and it ain't so little anymore): Kalispell in March. More than worth the drive.

But I've bought more than one "sleeper" on the cheap at a "Crappy Portland Expo Show".

These types have moved into gun shows?
AZ gun shows are becoming more like rummage sales. The table prices keep going up, which squeezes out the old fellas who bring many of the really good things, like old gun parts & broken boxes of ammo for cheap as well as many private sale guns-- that lets in people selling dinner plates & bed sheets & trinkets-- anything they can push on the old lady, cause if Mr wants to spend $$$ on a gun, what's the old lady gonna get to spend $$ on?

Im
Sorry, but I don't see the privilege in paying parking and entry fees to go handle a bunch of imported chinese crap being sold by people who could have used a shower and a breath mint 22 years ago, all the while surrounded by mouth-breathing former Navy SEALS who all killed Bin-Laden, twice.
I think @bigbearbear was saying that in California you would be paying to park, paying high entry fees to buy Beef Jerky and knifes from vendors who could use a shower and a breath mint while surrounded by NAVY SEALS who all killed osama twice.

AZ gun shows are becoming more like rummage sales. The table prices keep going up, which squeezes out the old fellas who bring many of the really good things, like old gun parts & broken boxes of ammo for cheap as well as many private sale guns-- that lets in people selling dinner plates & bed sheets & trinkets-- anything they can push on the old lady, cause if Mr wants to spend $$$ on a gun, what's the old lady gonna get to spend $$ on?
Yes, the Quartzite junk sales gypsies have taken over everything. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads