JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
takes away their dope, tattoos and blue hair dye
Is that a bad thing?

Now is much harder to deny 2A rights, comparable to trying to deny 1A.
This may provide impetus for the gun-haters to get the ball rolling with repeal of the 2A. Success of which would be very difficult. The bar for proposal is 2/3 vote by both House and Senate, or a 2/3 vote of state legislatures. To ratify would require a yes vote from 3/4 of the states. BUT: It could be turned into a massive public event, akin to the Women's Suffrage Movement which eventually resulted in an amendment. And unlike the ERA, which had a lot of steam and still couldn't quite get done.

What will be interesting to see is how NY will try and weasel around this ruling.
Expect civil disobedience from NY pols and officials. Expect an avalanche of lawsuits, which will be in the courts for some time due to intentional delay if for no other reason. Expect court calendars to extend way out into the future in certain jurisdictions.

Look for the dems to try and pack the court now.
They have been discussing it. Article III, Section 1 of the US Constitution grants authority to the Congress as to composition of the court. Article III is non-specific re. composition of the court. Which was jiggered around several times up to 1869. FDR tried to pack the court in 1937. Even with his political juice, he couldn't get it by the US Senate.

McConnell is a mixed bag. Sometimes he amazes me and other times angers me.
Let's just say he's a very well-oiled politician.

I am not very concerned about a decision that really gave some in New York and other liberal states some relief. The Law being passed opens juvenile records of 80 year old's who have 65 years of 'good' behind them, I guess police could show up and take all of Andy's flintlocks.

"The Supreme Court Drops a Bomb on Gun Control" I LIKE it!! :s0115::s0090:

9min in made me giggle.

"Historical analysis can sometimes be difficult and nuanced, but reliance on history to inform the meaning of constitutional text is more legitimate, and more administrable, than asking judges to "make difficult emperical judgments" about "the costs and benefits of firearms restrictions", especially given their "lack of expertise" in the field."

IOW, judges typically don't know WTBubblegum they are talking about when it comes to firearms so should STBUp and can not be trusted to make those types of decisions. :s0155:

Last Edited:
Quite the coincidence that within a few hours of the SCOTUS decisions the Senate along with several dirt bag republicans OK'd legislation containing broad red flag authority allowing the selective stripping the rights of others with no due process. These people hate liberty, and the ones pretending to be on our side need the most severe punishment.

He's got a point...
I have a few "points", actually….

29D5E4D2-B388-4EE8-A7A4-A5E001FB4050.jpeg

:D

So, does SCOTUS decision now expand the right to carry in public places, such as college or public school campuses, if one has a CHL or has the right to carry regardless?
I THINK...Now the states will start scrambling to figure out all the places you're not allowed to carry. Aren't the dims in Salem working right now to make ALL public schools, and their properties, in Oregon no carry zones?

I THINK...Now the states will start scrambling to figure out all the places you're not allowed to carry. Aren't the dims in Salem working right now to make ALL public schools, and their properties, in Oregon no carry zones?
Correct. My guess is that there will be a generous distance as well so as to make virtually all public areas "unprotected target rich environments for mass murders". This is somehow intended to make us all safer much like fenced in private hunting resorts keep the game animals safe (for the hunters).

Correct. My guess is that there will be a generous distance as well so as to make virtually all public areas "unprotected target rich environments for mass murders". This is somehow intended to make us all safer much like fenced in private hunting resorts keep the game animals safe (for the hunters).
This is what twists my brain. You have the media blasting LOUD and CLEAR to the far corners of the state that "NO GUNS ALLOWED ON SCHOOL PROPERTY" WTF. Just put huge signs in front of every school that read "No one here to stop a shooting if you feel like killing children today!"

These people are suppose to be the products of higher education? I don't know how these people figure out a coffee maker?

SCOTUS touched on the "potential" of states trying to make more "sensitive" places to try to avoid the ruling and said quietly "sorry, you will not get away with it".

Eugene says....

Policy KGBB "Firearms Prohibited" bans firearms on district property. It allows firearms to be kept in cars in school parking lots in order to allow parents to drop off or pick up students. Even then, the firearm must be unloaded and locked in the vehicle.
Do you have to unload before you enter the property, or can you park and then unload and secure the weapon? Do you have to unload if you never get out of the car? Just curious as to how far they've thought this out.

Also, the accompanying picture is perhaps more realistic than intended. The gun (92FS?) is not in a holster, which is uncommon among those with a permit. Criminals are far more likely to carry with no holster, and of course will be far more likely to ignore the ban.

" New York politicians expressed outrage "

The State of New York has officially stated they do not recognize the Ruling and will not comply! Wonder how that's gonna play out!!!
I still have not found this ... I do find statements of disappointment, anger, outrage, stating they will review options.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top