JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I go to BiMart about once a week for a variety of things. Last two trips I have seen 223/22/17 HMR/ shotgun and other ammo for sale. I don't buy ... just observe. So are the hoarders asleep now or maybe just had their fill now?

22lr has been widely available 223 currently 2-3× normal prices. I think most BiMart shoppers into guns have acquired reasonable amounts of ammo. If 223/556 was $7-8 I would still buy. At $12, I'll live off what I have.

At $0.10-$0.15 a round for 22lr, even the most hardcore hoarders are backing off.

Prices to some extent aid in controlling demand. Those that really/need want it now, are the ones still buying.

The rest will wait till the demand dies off even further and the supply starts coming back, forcing retailers to lower the prices again.

Maybe….

forcing retailers to lower the prices again.

Maybe….
Exactly. They are no doubt creating ways to increase the prices to effect a certain amount of 'control' .

I remember .22 still under $10 in '06, '07. Enter Obama and it shortly went to around $12-14 and after Sandy Hook and supplies returned it was $20 + a brick after that.

Last Edited:
I am a proud hoarder, though I do need more to keep up appearances the prices are still too hoarder high., Low on 9 MM, okay on 40 and 45, passable on 380, okay on 22LR, could use more 22 Magnum

Seriously need 9 MM to come down (I don't stoop to 115 grain.)

Since there are more dollars in circulation now, I don't think that ammo will ever drop back down to the Trump Era prices.

I would like to see some heavier. 223 for less then $1 per round, or at least on the shelves. All I am finding is 55 grain. I need more 64 grain soft point.

I have hoarded what I know I may use in the next decade. If I have it and need something else I can't get, I've found by using this NWFA web site, I can trade for what I need.

There are so many on this web site with similar, but varied, interests and it's great to meet others during the trade and share experiences. That's the greatest part of this web site!

I go to BiMart about once a week for a variety of things. Last two trips I have seen 223/22/17 HMR/ shotgun and other ammo for sale. I don't buy ... just observe. So are the hoarders asleep now or maybe just had their fill now?
I saw a bunch of 223 ammo at bimart a week or two ago but it was $12 per 20ct box. Hoarders stack it deep when it's cheap but $12 ain't cheap

Meh. I buy a box or two to function test when I make changes. Both steel and brass. Ends up being about $20 to make sure it's running right and doesn't dip into my supply. I'm still more annoyed about gas prices

I am a proud hoarder, though I do need more to keep up appearances the prices are still too hoarder high., Low on 9 MM, okay on 40 and 45, passable on 380, okay on 22LR, could use more 22 Magnum

Seriously need 9 MM to come down (I don't stoop to 115 grain.)
I have some 9mm if you have some 223/556 your willing to part with, shoot me a PM

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top