JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you made a formal written complaint to Bi-Mart's corporate office? Or do you only complain about this on pro-gun forums?

I'm not gonna hate on the reliable, pro-gun employees at my local Bi-Mart -- they don't make the policies, and I know they don't enjoy enforcing that particular one. The folks at my Bi-Mart's gun counter are pretty well-informed, all pro-gun, very helpful and provide great customer service.

• Address: 645 Seneca Rd
    Eugene, OR 97402
    United States
    Key People: Marty W. Smith

Email: [email protected]

Fax Number: 541-686-9692

Phone Number: +1 541-344-4161
[h2][/h2]
I wasn't trying to say that I hate Bi-Mart, just pointing out that a lot of people were posting that they were going to boycott Bi-Mart and others for this no sales to under 21 policy.

Now it seems the internet sentiment is "God bless Bi-Mart for having cheap ammo".

I didn't intend to complain about Bi-Mart's policy only to complain about the people complaining about Bi-Mart's policy, threatening to boycott them, then seemingly praising them for having cheap ammo all within the course of a year.... Just pointing out that people are fickle, selfish, and, well just people.

IMHO a "formal written complaint" is about as usefull as a poopy flavored lollypop.

I bought ammo at big boy stores when I was ten or twelve. I bought a gun at sixteen. They changed the rules before I turned 21 and no on other than the sales people complained for me.. Now I'll return the favor and not boycott anyone. If Bi-Mart won't sell it buy it next door at Big 'R' or somewhere different. Or wait till you are 21, get a straw buyer.

I wasn't trying to say that I hate Bi-Mart, just pointing out that a lot of people were posting that they were going to boycott Bi-Mart and others for this no sales to under 21 policy.

Now it seems the internet sentiment is "God bless Bi-Mart for having cheap ammo".

I didn't intend to complain about Bi-Mart's policy only to complain about the people complaining about Bi-Mart's policy, threatening to boycott them, then seemingly praising them for having cheap ammo all within the course of a year.... Just pointing out that people are fickle, selfish, and, well just people.

IMHO a "formal written complaint" is about as usefull as a poopy flavored lollypop.
Fair enough.

I was never one of those talking about boycotting Bi-Mart. I understand how its corporate leadership arrived at the decision to not sell firearms to those under 21; I don't agree with a policy that doesn't align with federal and state laws, but frankly, being pissed at a business for acting like a business (playing weaselly political games) is akin to being pissed at your puppy for acting like a puppy (pooping on your living room carpet).

Boycotts are effective only if the entity in question understand why its (former) customers are boycotting it (national media coverage would be necessary), and the boycott significantly cuts into its profits. I stopped going into Wal-Mart when it stopped selling handgun ammo, but I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart doesn't care and its profits (in spite of the huge amount I spent there on ammo) weren't impacted too much.

I will continue to support my local Bi-Mart because (1) it's a far more pleasant shopping experience than Wal-Mart, (2) I know the employees, who all live in my community, and (3) its ammo prices have stayed realistic, all things considered. Even the gun counter employees don't seem annoyed at the frequency of phone calls to them on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays all day long to ask if the got any ammo, and what type (personally, I'd rip the phone out).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top