JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Every election comes down to a choice. Normally 2. Almost NEVER is one choice perfect. This is where gun owners so often shoot themselves in the foot. Since both choices are not great they refuse to vote. So the worst possible one wins. Kate is not running but pretend she is. Would you in OR prefer Kate or Betsy? Do you really believe both of them are the same? The only solution is to elect the "better one" each election. Then move on. Next election you do it again. In time you can get better. What too many do? Tell anyone who will listen to them to not bother to vote so the worst win. Never have quite understood how they think this is the way to get better. :s0092:
We should get Sarah Palin back in the running, unless she changed, too.

The way I see it, we have a choice between a candidate with proven 2A support, who now says she's open to age limits and background checks; and an extreme radical leftist who would love to ban absolutely everything, and forcibly "re-educate" anyone not woke enough.

As much as I don't like more limits and BGCs in principle, I see them as relatively minor in comparison to more draconian measures. If Johnson has to waffle a little in an attempt to appear "reasonable" to the average independent voter, I don't hold it against her.

Along the same lines, there are other issues that I personally don't agree with her on, but she is so far and away better than the alternative, she's still got my vote.

Last Edited:
Looks like Betsy will cave like the rest.

We already have comprehensive background checks on all transactions. How does it get worse than it is now. I'll vote for her over Kotek or Drazan and then argue with her about background checks.

And frankly, I'd love to see everything associated with adulthood raised to 21 years old, including voting, the draft, contracts, etc. At the ripe old age of 75 I have some perspective now, and my take is that a good portion of 18 year olds these days have no business being outside unsupervised.

The way I see it, we have a choice between a candidate with proven 2A support, who now says she's open to age limits and background checks; and an extreme radical leftist who would love to ban absolutely everything, and forcibly "re-educate" anyone not woke enough.

As much as I don't like more limits and BGCs in principle, I see them as relatively minor in comparison to more draconian measures. If Johnson has to waffle a little in an attempt to appear "reasonable" to the average independent voter, I don't hold it against her.

Along the same lines, there are other issues that I personally don't agree with her on, but she is so far and away better than the alternative, she's still got my vote.

You've been inside my head looking around. We think alike.

We already have comprehensive background checks on all transactions. How does it get worse than it is now. I'll vote for her over Kotek or Drazan and then argue with her about background checks.

And frankly, I'd love to see everything associated with adulthood raised to 21 years old, including voting, the draft, contracts, etc. At the ripe old age of 75 I have some perspective now, and my take is that a good portion of 18 year olds these days have no business being outside unsupervised.
Nadler ('ol puddin' brain') argued today in committee that "18 year old brains aren't fully formed." Agreed. Move voting, drinking, smoking, gun purchases, and selective service to 21. All of it. And let's hear the Dems argue how some of those are okay for 'non fully formed brains.'

(Btw, Nadler already argued that under developed people should still go to war if the nation needs them. He did so in open forum today. Massie made him look the clown that he is.)

Here's to hoping the majority of non affiliated, registered Republicans, AND a good portion of registered democrats feel the same this year. The brown/kotek crew want to crush the Oregon that I came to love after I moved here June 7th 1983. They've already got a damned good start on it and it needs to be stopped!

At the ripe old age of 75 I have some perspective now, and my take is that a good portion of 18 year olds these days have no business being outside unsupervised.
Just as true of a disturbing number of my fellow 40somethings, thanks to a culture of Peter Pan Syndrome. "I don't wanna grow up and YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!"

I have to admit, it sure seems that the average 18 year old is less mature than a generation or two ago. I know there are still many who are solid, mature adults by the time they're 18, but I've seen a surprising number who seem to be stunted at around 13.

I've been hearing for some time now that they want to lower the voting age to 16. What hypocrites.

I have to admit, it sure seems that the average 18 year old is less mature than a generation or two ago. I know there are still many who are solid, mature adults by the time they're 18, but I've seen a surprising number who seem to be stunted at around 13.

I've been hearing for some time now that they want to lower the voting age to 16. What hypocrites.
I feel like it's the city kids. Products of city parents, and maybe most of all, city SCHOOLS? Look at all the businesses in the cities that can't find people to work. And the ones they do get to sign-up are terribly lacking in work ethic. Even the 20/30/40 something's don't have a work ethic.
Wifey has first hand experience with no work ethic people.

Last Edited:
I hired young men to help me on a remodel. I paid $20/hr daily and out of four of them only two made it two days and I never heard from them again. No notice, nothing.

I hired young men to help me on a remodel. I paid $20/hr daily and out of four of them only two made it two days and I never heard from them again. No notice, nothing.
What's the deal with those 18-20 somethings parents? Okay, "Boomer" time! Getting a job at 16-17 was the most exciting thing in the world at that point! The folks bought the gas for the car, but I had to buy the burgers and fries for myself, or a gal friend and my self? And as you got older, 20-21, you needed even MORE money. Do parents really buy everything their kids desire these days?

Last Edited:
Here's to hoping the majority of non affiliated, registered Republicans, AND a good portion of registered democrats feel the same this year. The brown/kotek crew want to crush the Oregon that I came to love after I moved here June 7th 1983. They've already got a damned good start on it and it needs to be stopped!

2016 Oregon gubernatorial special election results:

NomineeKate BrownBud Pierce
PartyDemocraticRepublican
AllianceWorking Families
Popular vote985,027845,609
Percentage50.6%43.5%

Oregon has 36 counties.

Kate Brown won 7 of 36 counties. (Roughly 15-20% of Oregon's land mass.)

Bud Pierce won 29 of Oregon's 36 counties. (Roughly 80-85% of Oregon's land mass)

1,830,636 Oregonians voted and Kate Brown won by 139,418 votes

As we've all seen the Leftists rule as though they have some sort of sweeping mandate. The fact that they are supposed to represent all of Oregon's citizens, including those who did not vote for them, is completely foreign to them.

78.9% voter turnout in the 2016 Oregon Election.

In order to win Oregonians who are sick of one sided Leftist rule will have to turn out and vote. (Especially in the 29 counties that do not vote Democrat.)

Last Edited:

Notice the law makers championing raising the age to buy to 21 were also a while ago championing lowering voting age. If they want to make buying 21? I would be fine if EVERYTHING "adult" was 21.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top