JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where have you found to be the most comfortable public place to face-to-face transfer (ie sell) a firearm? Not like "Chucks Auto on 4th ave.", just in general? Every time I buy or sell in a public meeting place there seems to be a rush for fear of 'being spotted' by someone.

Just a question I have been curious about.

just wondering do you feel the same way about selling a lawnmower or a baseball mitt?

as long as you and the buyer are legal what's the big deal?

just wondering do you feel the same way about selling a lawnmower or a baseball mitt?

as long as you and the buyer are legal what's the big deal?

Ok now, are you one of those guys going around town with a loaded AR on a sling wearing a Go-Pro on your lapel? I mean, why not, it's legal?

For me, personally, I'll avoid any extra hassle I can, after all I live in PDX, just getting around town can be a major hassle!

Ok now, are you one of those guys going around town with a loaded AR on a sling wearing a Go-Pro on your lapel? I mean, why not, it's legal?

For me, personally, I'll avoid any extra hassle I can, after all I live in PDX, just getting around town can be a major hassle!

If you don't know the difference between selling a gun and walking arround town with a go pro looking for attention then you are not worth talking to. Good day

Please do not meet at any FFL holding business for a private transaction. You can jam up the FFL holder bad if the ATF sees a report of gun deals in the lot. Meet in a safe place place, tell a friend where/when you are going, and be vigilant. Also don't be afraid to walk if something seems amiss. I have had to turn down sales from out of staters. One time a guy met me and his friends started getting out of the car and I simply asked that they remain in the vehicle for my peace of mind. No issues ensued :)

I go to Dicks or a large sporting good store at times if I do not know the buyer as they sell guns and nobody bats an eye if they do see someone putting a firearm in a trunk.

I've met at at a lot if different places: big box parking lot, gas station, home, sidewalk, etc. I wont meet on the property of a LGS.

If you don't know the difference between selling a gun and walking arround town with a go pro looking for attention then you are not worth talking to. Good day

Why so testy? I was halfway joking. But if YOU don't know the difference, in THESE times, between being seen in a parking lot with firearms OR lawn mowers then I'd be wondering where YOU'VE been living the last ten years.

Good day to you too.

I've bought and sold some guns in front of Starbucks, in front of a theater, at an LGS (out of state transfer). For the guys I know better I'll go to their house or they come to mine. Never had any issues. I admit I was a bit nervous when the buyer told me he wanted to meet in front of Starbucks lol, but it went smoothly.

I generally prefer shipping terminals, empty streets under bridges, and abandoned drive-in theaters. Always at night, after a rain.

haha Well your feedback shows they survived the scary places. I met a guy who said he wanted to meet at Starbucks and was trading my Kindle Fire for his AMT Backup .380 which I was not all too familiar with but it was one of the only firearm offers for the kindle I had. I told him my make/model of car and he said he was driving a white Charger and it would stand out....I got there and the only white charger standing out was a squad car and the officer got out and flagged me down. I was more than nervous even though I know it is legal to do a private sale/trade. He ended up being a really nice guy that I have done multiple transactions with since although he was more than confident in the parking lot just setting the AMT on my trunk and showing me how it worked, field stripping and everyone walking by would have easily called the cops if not seeing it was a cop wielding the gun and handing it to me to check out and we shook hands and as I drove off he just took his new toy into the Starbucks to play with it.

Why so testy? I was halfway joking. But if YOU don't know the difference, in THESE times, between being seen in a parking lot with firearms OR lawn mowers then I'd be wondering where YOU'VE been living the last ten years.

Good day to you too.

I have the answer. Put the firearm in the lawn mower. Seriously though saying that the two are the same in the eyes of someone passing by is as dumb as dumb gets. People panic and call the cops at the sight of a gun unless it is on a cop. You do need to choose carefully and never meet in front of an FFL as said by Bill as I know most of the FFL owners and they would simply ban you if they knew let alone what could happen to them if what Bill said was to happen. Safe place that is not right in front of everyone walking into the place. Say back of the parking lot at a large store. Many people but in the back they are not walking past you constantly. Do not be afraid to walk away. I will take a bad mark on feedback over giving someone that seems off a gun. Trust your gut and move on if you get those spidey sences tingling.

@ mistaken items for a firearm - add Apron.
Yep, some sheeple called the cops on a waiter in a mall.

I like to have a place where you can be away from the main flow of people, but still accessible.
ex Home Depot parking lot - but I wouldn't go behind the main building.

You have to also be able to find one another. I sold an old cell on Craig's and the meet up was a popular Starbucks. Even though we were on the phone, it took several minutes to get together. I don't credit sheeple with being good at compass directions - north east corner.

I just don't care to have people seeing a deal going down when you are kind of hidding in a out of the way place looking like your doing a drug deal. If you do it in normal locations most people never even notice you.

Walmart and at my house. If I can't get a good read of someone on the phone and via written correspondence, then I am not going to make a deal. And I make a living reading folks.

Costco parking lot, large shopping center or gun club is best. BOS, ID, CWP, and lots of positive feedback from this forum or no deal. If low or no feedback, just pay the transfer fee and have it done at local gun store.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top