JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where have you found to be the most comfortable public place to face-to-face transfer (ie sell) a firearm? Not like "Chucks Auto on 4th ave.", just in general? Every time I buy or sell in a public meeting place there seems to be a rush for fear of 'being spotted' by someone.

Just a question I have been curious about.

I guess it depends on where you live....I have met people before at the gun range, Safeway parking lot, it just depends on how I feel about people I sell to. I also only sell to people with a CCW. That's just my policy. If they don't like it or don't have one then I go through an FFL.

Any big parking lot except for a Gun shops (could cause them a problem) I've bought in a Freddys lot a Bi Mart lot in some guys spare bedroom. As the buyer I rarely have anything to say about where.

Prefer big open and deserted parking areas with good lighting if night time meeting, same during day. Fred Meyer and Winco usually have parking lots like this, same with movie theaters. Wal Marts are also good.

I tend to deal mostly with CHL holders, or military / LEO types with ID mostly. A few exceptions to that rule, but probably 95% of my private transactions fall under such circumstances.

And it goes without saying, that even when dealing with suspected good guys, I'm always armed, always have my phone on me, and I always have someone else who knows where I'm going and what I'm doing (buying or selling a gun/ammo/etc) in case I don't return. No problems yet, and don't expect any in the future.

sporting goods parking lot almost exclusively... nobody bats an eye seeing a gun in the parking lot of a big box store that sells guns..

I don't do small gun shops parking lots out of respect for their private property..

Best place i have bought a gun at was in the big open gravel parking lot by the auction house in northern Hillsboro. No rush and had plenty of privacy to chit chat.

In Portland area there is NO better place than this.

Public Safety Training Center at 82nd Avenue and Sunnybrook.

This indoor gun range is run by the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office and always has at least one police car in the lot. You can shoot rifles and pistols so nobody even gives you a second look when you are handling and checking guns in the parking lot.

It is right off 82nd Avenue and I-205 so it is convenient for anyone in the metro area.

Keizer Station lot is handy but just about any public parking lot. Only done transactions after dark a couple of times.......better for both parties during daylight. I open the back door of my pickup and have the back seat area clear for inspection of item to be sold or bought. With all the hysteria this day and age, no need to be flaunting any firearm around in public.

Did you sell the 270 Vaultman?

Usually in a parking lot, any, including the range parking lot. I've also been to a auto-body shop after hours. I didn't think anything of it but looking back I guess some would think it was creepy. A dark, industrial part of town later in the evening when everything was closed meeting some random person I never met with a whole 300 to buy a weapon.... shiver me timbers!!!! :s0112:

I bought an arm from a very esteemed member sometime ago and had him come to my home, just felt more comfortable like that. I trust my judgement about people, from PMs to phone contacts I felt good about it. I also bought from another member, he called it, and it was in a not too crowded parking lot. Once again I depend on my judgment.

After dark in the back of some store...Ain't gonna happen!

Mike

I like to meet in the Cabellas parking lot. I have seen a few deals take place while I was there also.

I'd wonder, seeing as Cabela's sells guns, if it were a good idea to be buying/selling there, it could look like a straw purchase to a LEO. To each his own though.

I'd wonder, seeing as Cabela's sells guns, if it were a good idea to be buying/selling there, it could look like a straw purchase to a LEO. To each his own though.

I guess I never really thought of that. Most of the deals I have done were trades, and I always have the bill of sale written up. I guess all they would have to do is take you into Cabellas and ask if you just made a purchase,

Keizer Station lot is handy but just about any public parking lot. Only done transactions after dark a couple of times.......better for both parties during daylight. I open the back door of my pickup and have the back seat area clear for inspection of item to be sold or bought. With all the hysteria this day and age, no need to be flaunting any firearm around in public.

Did you sell the 270 Vaultman?

Yes I did sell it. Did you have any luck on your hunt?

A lot of the answers that I expected. I was never really nervous about it until it was a long gun. It is so much easier to hide what is going on in a parking lot when it is a pistol.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top