JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps I'm mistaken, some call that 'reverse sear', in that care is taken by the attentive Chef to heat the center to near-perfect before the final fast sear of the outer surface, such that all is well in the Land of the Steak Chompers Society.

I've been utilizing an actual thermal pen lately that has helped me gain more consistency in whatever grill items. Yes, Weber/charcoal is my method, and it seems so much more complicated now than in past trial & error. Lots of error....

But then I've managed to fail the simple subtlety of a proper smoked cheese as well, don't ask about the brisket fails I've managed to accumulate.

I've quite perfected the art of smoking cheese, shoot me a message if you wanna chat sometime.

A pic from Saturday night. Ribeye steaks from Costco on the charcoal Weber grill, cooked using the reverse-sear method, almost done.

IMG_0022.jpg

All the stores are labeling bone in rib steaks as "Rib Eye" now, so it's not surprising people would make a mistake in identifying a rib eye.. It's a lie!! If it's got a bone, cap on it is NOT the eye of rib, you bubblegums!

What is it then?

My wife looks for these as she prefers Bone In cuts.

Often I'll see the Bone-In-Rib eye labeled something like "Cowboy"

Or, if they leave the full rib attached "dinosaur"

What is it then?

"Rib Eye" used to be the "Eye" of the rib steak. I consider it false advertising, if you're paying for just the EYE you shouldn't be paying for bone. I prefer the bone in too though. I don't buy them anymore as it's too much to eat anyway. I buy "Chuck Eye" now. Oh, and it IS boneless. :D

Another thing that gets me is, Freddy's for instance, they don't tell you in the ad that their pork is injected with a solution of salt and chemicals, or that their store brand chicken has been injected with broth.

I've quite perfected the art of smoking cheese

That must lead to some bad lung problems. Back in the day people would smoke bananas. I never tried it but it was a thing with some folks. :)

Best steak around use to be up at Cooper Spur. Wonder if they kept that tradition when the place was sold.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews