JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got a Socom and need to build up a pile of ammo.... What is the most affordable/reliable place to shop? I'm hoping to spend around .45-.50 per round. Buying 500 at a time. CTD is out of all their surplus rounds.
There are a lot of Internet sites, but can they be trusted?

Thanks for any help.

Well, I don't know about .308, but for 7.62 x 39, if you're hoping to pay that much per round then you're hoping to pay about twice the current going rate.

I just got a Socom and need to build up a pile of ammo.... What is the most affordable/reliable place to shop? I'm hoping to spend around .45-.50 per round. Buying 500 at a time. CTD is out of all their surplus rounds.
There are a lot of Internet sites, but can they be trusted?

Thanks for any help.

I have some .308/7.62 surplus; German made, very high quality, .50/round.

*edit* my surplus 308 is spoken for!

Cheers,
DJM

The best bet for ammo these days is the local gun show. IMO. Entrance is not cheap, but less than shipping if you buy in bulk. My shooting partner and I go and buy quite a bit. Unfortunately, as of late, no more surplus .308 -- pretty much, that stuff is just about gone as nations dump the last of their old surplus. We have had good luck with BVAC once fired brass: I shoot from an HK91, my buddy a Socom 16.

Cheers,
DJM

I have some Privi FMJ 145gr M80 7.62X51 - (308 Winchester)BRAND NEW MANUFACTURE!! This ammo in NOT MIL SURP! It is brand new 2010 production, BOXER PRIMED, NON-CORROSIVE. The brass is fully reloadable. Packed 20 rounds per box and 200 rounds per factory sealed clear plastic pack. THE BULLET IS COPPER JACKETED, NOT STEEL. I have 400 rds left $220.00 for it all if your interested let me now.

This /\ Also I have some of the Freedom Munitions .308 150gr FMJ and it's mostly Lake City once fired military brass and looks like new. <broken link removed>
308_762x51.png
308_762x51_reloadable.png

CIMG0945.jpg

It's time to reload, even buying brass. Brass @ $60/1000 = 6 cents divide by 6 reloads = 1 cent per shot. Bullets 19 cents. Wolf primers (work great, non corrosive) 2 cents or CCI 3 cents. Powder 10 cents. Total = 32 cents per round.

I haven't shopped hard for bullets lately so there may be better deals out there. I paid 14 cents last time but I don't remember where.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top