JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is awesome, have to post it since I just picked up a couple of 55 gallon steel drums to fab up a smoker. Post your smokers/grills !!!! :D:eek:o_O

image.jpeg

Last Edited:
TRAEGER BBQ Model 100 I bought it from traeger back when they were made In Mt.Angel

has about 1100 square inches of cooking area

I have never had one problem with

I'll bet it weighs 400 + lbs all stainless

model_100.jpg

pACE3-20035474enh-z7.jpg

Traeger PTG Plus 173 Sq inch of cooking surface
have had it about 3 years never had a problem

The reason I mention having never had a problem, Is I see a lot of people bubbleguming about traeger and how cheap they are made yet the ones I have work great, and I have had the model 100 for 13years

anyway i have posted mine who esle has them
pixel.gif

Love the traeger products, but good god they are expensive. My folks have the pellet Traeger and is so simple to use. I know they will last a life time, but need something a little bigger for smoking and love diy projects.

TRAEGER BBQ Model 100 I bought it from traeger back when they were made In Mt.Angel

has about 1100 square inches of cooking area

I have never had one problem with

I'll bet it weighs 400 + lbs all stainless

View attachment 279477

View attachment 279478

Traeger PTG Plus 173 Sq inch of cooking surface
have had it about 3 years never had a problem

The reason I mention having never had a problem, Is I see a lot of people bubbleguming about traeger and how cheap they are made yet the ones I have work great, and I have had the model 100 for 13years

anyway i have posted mine who esle has them
View attachment 279479

image.jpeg

I think traegers are now made in China and the quality of materials has since dropped off. I would love to find an older one made here in OR but no such luck lately.

My wife started with an off the shelf - Brinkman off-set box smoker - I think we bought at Lowe's.

We modified it.

In the firebox, we had a friend fabricate an expanded steel box - so the fire is not on the thin metal box which came with the unit. Simple box, cut a sheet of expanded steel and fold to shape, sized to fit.

We then added a steel shelf - 2 sheets of steel - which can be adjusted. These just ride on the bottom of the smoker section. Using multiple thermometers temperature is measured and the steel adjusted by sliding. This helps even out the heat.
If needed, due to weather conditions, we have a heat blanket.

I also built a pad from gravel and concrete tile for it live on.
Invested in a couple of coolers - you need to crutch the brisket and anything you pull.
And a couple of tables.

Although we used simple steel sheet - rather than the diamond plate

If you'all are looking to sample some championship BBQ - look on line for contests in your area.

PNWBA and Kansas City both run contests thruout the year in our area.

In most cases, subject to local ordinances, you can buy the samples the pit masters made but didn't use for turn in - a couple of dollars a rib kind of pricing.
Good stuff.

My wife is a judge, not a competitor. I can't let her order BBQ at any restaurant - she always wants to, and is always disappointed. If the place is not out of Q by about 1pm, then it is not a championship place - it is a restaurant. There are differences.
IMO best BBQ in the area is the Ranch House - just west of Olympia.

http://www.pnwba.com/

Next up the 'Couve
5th Annual Winter Blues Rib Rally* Vancouver, WA 3/12/16

5th Annual Winter Blues Rib Rally
Saturday, March 12th, 2016
Pacific Park Fire Station
1501 NE 164th Avenue
Vancouver, WA USA

They do need judges - you have to Pay to take their class first.
But you eat real good.

I would love to be a judge , just need to find one of those motorized rascal scooter to get me to the truck after I eat myself sick.
:s0021:
My wife started with an off the shelf - Brinkman off-set box smoker - I think we bought at Lowe's.

We modified it.

In the firebox, we had a friend fabricate an expanded steel box - so the fire is not on the thin metal box which came with the unit. Simple box, cut a sheet of expanded steel and fold to shape, sized to fit.

We then added a steel shelf - 2 sheets of steel - which can be adjusted. These just ride on the bottom of the smoker section. Using multiple thermometers temperature is measured and the steel adjusted by sliding. This helps even out the heat.
If needed, due to weather conditions, we have a heat blanket.

I also built a pad from gravel and concrete tile for it live on.
Invested in a couple of coolers - you need to crutch the brisket and anything you pull.
And a couple of tables.

Although we used simple steel sheet - rather than the diamond plate

If you'all are looking to sample some championship BBQ - look on line for contests in your area.

PNWBA and Kansas City both run contests thruout the year in our area.

In most cases, subject to local ordinances, you can buy the samples the pit masters made but didn't use for turn in - a couple of dollars a rib kind of pricing.
Good stuff.

My wife is a judge, not a competitor. I can't let her order BBQ at any restaurant - she always wants to, and is always disappointed. If the place is not out of Q by about 1pm, then it is not a championship place - it is a restaurant. There are differences.
IMO best BBQ in the area is the Ranch House - just west of Olympia.

http://www.pnwba.com/

Next up the 'Couve
5th Annual Winter Blues Rib Rally* Vancouver, WA 3/12/16

5th Annual Winter Blues Rib Rally
Saturday, March 12th, 2016
Pacific Park Fire Station
1501 NE 164th Avenue
Vancouver, WA USA

They do need judges - you have to Pay to take their class first.
But you eat real good.

What ever floats your boat. Remember an offset like what you are planning is much harder to keep a steady low temperature than an upright. A controllable pit is the first rule of good BBQ. The second rule is refer to rule 1.

Roger that , good baffling and tunable exhaust that's at or lower then your first rack will give a swirl effect on a stead even heat through all racks. Worst case , I'll have a huge corn on the cob bbq.;)

Well folks , here she is. 300 gallon smoker with a 80,000 btu grill (which is the smaller door of the three). Just waiting for my 5" rain caps for the exhaust , that will also be tunable. Did a test run before paint and held perfect temps.

Heavy beast. Everything but the internal baffle is 1/4" cold rolled steel plate..

image.jpeg

Well folks , here she is. 300 gallon smoker with a 80,000 btu grill (which is the smaller door of the three). Just waiting for my 5" rain caps for the exhaust , that will also be tunable. Did a test run before paint and held perfect temps.

Heavy beast. Everything but the internal baffle is 1/4" cold rolled steel plate..

View attachment 302498

NICE KIT!! Those look like lawn tractor tires, are they highway rated?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top