JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Glocks. Ruger and a few other stuff .
I shoot my Kimber 1911 the best .
But I carry my glock19x .
Basically just because of capacity.
I can carry one mag in the gun and a extra mag and have 35 rounds.
I am very close to getting the 19x. $588 excellent value with great features, just no provision for an optical sight. Otherwise seems to be worthy of best modern handgun.

Rudedog, I second your advice on the shooting the 1911 and CZ 75 first. I am older then dirt and don't like the Glock and it's screwball trigger safety. My advice is start with one trigger system and stick with it, then practice, and practice. I come from the Jeff Cooper era and like the 1911. Bill:)

If you understood how the mag release mechanism works, you would be laughing with everyone else. It is literally impossible for the mag to lock in and then drop free without the lever being depressed.

Its no different then people who have an inpropper grip riding the slide release. Someone who doesn't know how to hold a gun complaining about how it doesn't work. Or it just didn't happen. I'm going to go with #2.

My EDC most days are Springfield EMP 1911 9mm (extra mag) or Glock 19. The accuracy I get from my 1911s is superb...big fan of the platform/design.
John Moses Browning was prolific gun designer and I'm amazed at the breadth of his work and thrilled he conceived of the 1911! John Browning - Wikipedia He made his first gun at age 13.

The compact H&K .45 ACP was purchased to enjoy the high quality of these German made firearms. Of course it must take a special course on how to hold a firearm of that quality. Not even a Keltec drops the magazine when firing. I would not recommend H&K hand guns. Too many modern firearms are completely reliable so that using one with an inherent fault is not worth considering.

Ive owned many 1911's and really just keep acquiring them on a whim sometimes even though I really dont like them and consider them maybe not boat anchors but at least as heavy as one. Sure you can make them accurate but I'm not a pinpoint accuracy guy. Minute of heart at 15 foot is as good as I need a pistol to be.

P226 for me.

from ugly to beautiful - the best of each
1586222678226.png 1586222809845.png

I did very well with the 1911 and the P35 "High Power". I now shoot the Sig P220 instead of the 1911 and the P226 instead of the P35. I shoot the Glock well and recommend it and the S&W MP 2.0. I don't own either now.

If you get the chance shoot the CZ 75 or 1911 first. This will give you a great baseline for future decisions. Each fits well and shoots fantastic. The bad news is a proper 1911 costs at least $1000 now new.
Define proper.

Ive owned many 1911's and really just keep acquiring them on a whim sometimes even though I really dont like them and consider them maybe not boat anchors but at least as heavy as one. Sure you can make them accurate but I'm not a pinpoint accuracy guy. Minute of heart at 15 foot is as good as I need a pistol to be.

P226 for me.
Yup. When the adrenaline dump is happening, any vital section will do!

Betcha he means "Colt"

Plenty of sub-$1000 guns that will run. $600-800 gets you a fine example of a 1911. I still would not personally trust the Filipino made budget guns. I'd honestly sooner trust a Taurus 1911.
Had a RIA 1911 that ran like a Sewing machine. With good mags of course.

The compact H&K .45 ACP was purchased to enjoy the high quality of these German made firearms. Of course it must take a special course on how to hold a firearm of that quality. Not even a Keltec drops the magazine when firing. I would not recommend H&K hand guns. Too many modern firearms are completely reliable so that using one with an inherent fault is not worth considering.
Always thought H&Ks were overpriced. There are plenty of guns that shoot just as well that won't dent your wallet as badly. That said though, if you want a Porsche, nothing else will do.

Dan Wesson would be a proper 1911. I have given them up regardless of make. A used P220 is all I need at the moment. I have too much loaded .45 ACP and lots of brass, about 4,800 primers and enough bullets to make 750. I had three Colts. All were series 80. Two of the milspec and a gold cup. I liked the basic ones but I regret buying the gold cup.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top