JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok not talking cheapest but easiest to iuse and works the best. I am looking for a hand priming tool mostly for large rifle primers but will do some small rifle and large pistol with it also.

Also do any of them remove the primer also or any hand tools for this so i can sit in front of the TV at night when not banished out to the garage!

Thanks for insite you might have!

Steven

I have had the RCBS 'posi prime' for many years, seated large and small, rifle and pistol. It's a great tool for the single stage loader, still use it every time we load hunting rounds and use the Rock Chucker press.

Check out a Lee Hand Press for de-priming in front of the boob tube. Just screw in your sizing/decapping die, ad shell holder and you have a portable press. I use mine all the time along with a tv tray for this. Some rounds may be a little stiffer than others with this tool, but it does work. I think they can be had for $30-40 from Cabela's or Midway.

For priming brass I use a RCBS hand priming tool and have no complaints with it.

I am using a RCBS Hand Primer. The only thing that I use it for is large rifle primers and it seems to be working fine for me.
Be aware that you will need a shell holder for the caliber that you are loading. The one in your press should work though, and it only takes a few minutes to swap out a shell holder.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=329291

Be sure and read what other people said in the "ratings'. Even the ones that gave it a low rating.

Check out a Lee Hand Press for de-priming in front of the boob tube. Just screw in your sizing/decapping die, ad shell holder and you have a portable press. I use mine all the time along with a tv tray for this. Some rounds may be a little stiffer than others with this tool, but it does work. I think they can be had for $30-40 from Cabela's or Midway.

For priming brass I use a RCBS hand priming tool and have no complaints with it.

I use the hand press for priming with the Lee Ram Prime accessory, I have loaded LR, SR, LP, and SP with it and find it to work the best, I have a Lee AutoPrime that I no longer use since I switched to this.

I tried the ram prime that came with my hand press but didn't like the fact that you have to place each primer into the tool one at a time. It does work but it was a little tedious for my big fingers to handle each one. I just prefer the rcbs hand priming tool. It's automated tray feed is simple and works faster for me.

I tried the ram prime that came with my hand press but didn't like the fact that you have to place each primer into the tool one at a time. It does work but it was a little tedious for my big fingers to handle each one. I just prefer the rcbs hand priming tool. It's automated tray feed is simple and works faster for me.

Yeah, it is somewhat tedious to load each one at a time, I use a pair of needle nose pliers to place each primer in the press. I think they make a tray type loader similiar to the hand primer, but I am not 100% certain.

I have used the Lee auto prime system for years and love it. Although I have worn a few out after about 5000-10000 primers seated...but I return the worn parts to Lee and get new ones back, so I can't complain. But I eventually broke down and bought a couple of extras. Great system, and great customer service.

I have used the Lee auto prime system for years and love it. Although I have worn a few out after about 5000-10000 primers seated...but I return the worn parts to Lee and get new ones back, so I can't complain. But I eventually broke down and bought a couple of extras. Great system, and great customer service.

lee does a great job never had a problem with mine, if i recall mine came with shellholders, it was a long time ago when i got it.

Report? umm

Well I got it put it together figured it all out and then primed one yes one .45acp shell and since then it has sat in the garage.

Things have just been crazy around here selling this home and trying to buy the one by wallygator.

I will report seems well made and I like the whole not needing shell holders.

I will try and give a better report after I get moved and reset up and actually get some time to work on my zombie storage :)

Steven

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR