JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which country makes the best guns?

• Total voters
Best...
As noted in the OP best can mean many things to different folks.

For me....

Antique muzzle loading firearms are the best....they can be made here in the US or overseas.
Lots of different ways of looking at what makes one "best' with these.
Quality of workmanship is important to me...many guns of this era are outstanding in this regard.

Modern replicas of the same can be outstanding as well....often with hand fitted parts.
Uberti and some Pedersoli firearms come to mind here.

A 1903 Springfield National Match is a work of rifle makers art.

Now for me to break the internet...
While the Glock series of pistols are not for me....
They work very well for what they are and what they do.
No nonsense and adaptability can be seen as "best".
The above can also be said for the AR15 series of rifles and carbines.

Best gun...?
Whatever firearm that you can use well , almost without a thought...that is the best gun.
Andy

Last Edited:
I'm not impressed by domestic guns in general. Not unimpressed, either. USA makes some fairly overpriced but reliable performers, largely based on profit margin over quality. I find European designs to be more desirable and higher quality, fairly priced

Some may say this manufacturer is not the "best", however it's definitely the high point for many people. Thus, my vote goes to 'Murica.

Hi-Point-meme.04.jpg

-Robert

I voted Russia because i am under the impression this is a vote about reliable and proven guns of war. We all know the venerable Russian guns of war and many love them. Of course many other countries have the good stuff too, but for, i would take an AK and variants and Rusky bolt rifles over all others in a SHTF senario.

Of course this is all subjective.

And i am very partial to European made guns. So, CZ and Finland are my other best countries of gun manufacturers.

This is a hard question. There are so many American designs that are iconic and are still being manufactured. But sometimes the best versions are made overseas. So is it still American?

FN is putting out some great M70s, AR-15s, etc. Both are Pure-D American designs. Then again, some European countries have moved production and distribution to the US because of laws abroad. Any fan of the P-2xx series SIGs knows where to immediately find out where the parts were made.

Miroku in Japan made some of the finest versions of Winchester single shots and lever actions, and Browning rifles. Howa actions have worn all sorts of American names such as Smith & Wesson and Weatherby.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews