JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
end is near??.....

I hope not because I have a lot of food stored! Really, I like the piece of mind knowing I have extra food packed away, "just in case" and more importantly, we don't buy processed food hardly ever. It's mostly from scratch bought bulk or from the garden.

I like the way we live, we eat much healthier and much less expensively than most people we know, though I could still stand to lose 30-40lbs.

How do they know if you're LDS or not? Halo?

If anything else, they ask your ward on the order form you present. So if you find out what one is and they don't ask if you know so and so from that ward then you won't act correctly. They call one another brother and sister as a sign of respect and as it is not second nature to you you will slip even if you try. I am sure there are other things as well that would make you stand out (that bottle of Coke that you are drinking when you walk in). Additionally, why even try?

If anything else, they ask your ward on the order form you present. So if you find out what one is and they don't ask if you know so and so from that ward then you won't act correctly. They call one another brother and sister as a sign of respect and as it is not second nature to you you will slip even if you try. I am sure there are other things as well that would make you stand out (that bottle of Coke that you are drinking when you walk in). Additionally, why even try?

You seem to have misread me. I would never try to pass myself off as something I'm not. I merely wondered if there was an I.D., badge, password, handshake, etc... As 'cultish' as LDS seems to be, adding another layer of having a special store that is only open to those 'not worthy' a few choice days adds to the curiosity, brother. :> Anyway, thanks for the information. I admire the CoLDS and love their family values they seem to have.

You seem to have misread me. I would never try to pass myself off as something I'm not. I merely wondered if there was an I.D., badge, password, handshake, etc... As 'cultish' as LDS seems to be, adding another layer of having a special store that is only open to those 'not worthy' a few choice days adds to the curiosity, brother. :> Anyway, thanks for the information. I admire the CoLDS and love their family values they seem to have.

you don't need any ID or anything like that. If you have any questions about getting in there give them a call. Here is the contact info for the centers. And all of the canneries are run by volunteers, thats why they are not open 24/7. Some are only open 2 days a week. They may not allow the general public in on Saturdays as that is the busiest day of the week and a lot of Wards set up group canning on Saturday so accommodating walk-ins can be very difficult if not impossible. Its not some big secret thing. Its really quite simple. Like I said if you have questions, just call them. The people that staff the canneries are typically very pleasant folk that want to help as many people as they can get better prepped.

I do some shopping online at Honeyville Grain (http://store.honeyvillegrain.comhttp://store.honeyvillegrain.com).

Honeyville Food Products is having a 10% off sale from June 10, 2010 thru June 15, 2010. Use GLOOM as your discount code during check out. They only charge $4.95 for shipping regardless of how much you order. If you order 200 lbs or 1 can, it always costs $4.95.

We have purchased a lot from them. Some of the items we have purchased include freeze dried strawberries, dehydrated banana chips, freeze dried apricots, freeze dried peaches, freeze dried raspberries, millet, wheat, freeze dried turkey, and freeze dried chicken.

They sell 50 lb bags of grain and lots of #10 cans of grain , FD and dehydrated foods. They sell tons of bakery stuff, hot chocolate, etc. All top quality stuff. You can even buy a 50 lb bag of churro mix if you want.

If you miss this sale, they usually have one 10% - 15% sale a month that lasts for about 4 days. You can sign up for thier e-mail newsletter and get the announcement when they have the sale. That is the only way they really post the sale. I also hear that thier in person price is about 10% to 15% cheaper if you happen to be near a location in CA or Utah.

I don't know about the LDS canneries, but I can tell you Bob's Red Mill powdered milk is head and shoulders above any other powdered milk. I don't know where they get it, but it's amazing, expensive per se, but amazing none the less.

I don't know about the LDS canneries, but I can tell you Bob's Red Mill powdered milk is head and shoulders above any other powdered milk. I don't know where they get it, but it's amazing, expensive per se, but amazing none the less.

the LDS cannery stuff ain't bad. I wouldn't drink it strait up (even though I have and its not bad), but with a little quick its pretty good. I use it mainly in baking and what not. Same thing with powdered eggs (honeyville grain for that). Don't make scrambled eggs with it, but in baking they work great, and I have even made french toast with them that was dang good.

I am wondering if anyone knows where we could buy grains, rice etc by the metric ton? If a small group could get 2,500lbs of rice for $500 or so that would be $ .20 per pound. Fantastic for those wanting to bulk up fast.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top