JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So before anyone mentions, yes i know skipping on a quality safe is a terrible idea. However i cant make money appear out of thin air (I Tried) and leaving my firearms in a closet unsecured is an even worse idea.

I have seen a few options online but pretty much i'm trying to find my best option for under $400 that i can keep out of sight and attach to the wall.

Any ideas?

Call Wayne at Liberty safe of Oregon. He usually has used safes around his shop that you can buy. Ones that were traded in. Wayne is a great guy with exceptional customer service. If you want I can PM you his number.

www.bulldogtuffsafes.com is located in Warren, Oregon. I saw on their website that they have a couple safes around 500 dollars. If you can't go that much you might consider a stack on gun cabinet. They are thinner metal but do have locks. I have one but I no longer use it for guns, just other storage. upload_2017-4-17_19-12-53.png

... a stack on gun cabinet. ... View attachment 357484

I've had this Stack On for a year: Amazon.com: Stack-On SS-8-MG-C 8 Gun Fully Convertible Security Safe with Combination Lock, Matte Hunter Green: Home Improvement

Honestly, I wish I had bought something better -- the hinge is wearing out causing the door to lean in a little and it is getting progressively harder to open and close. One of these days, it will stop opening. So I'm going to be looking for something better, and the $250 I spent on it will just be wasted.

I just saw a great deal on a quality safe in an estate sale this weekend.
$1,200 safe that sold for $300.00 cash.
The best part was it was located in the garage and you could back right in and load it up.

So before anyone mentions, yes i know skipping on a quality safe is a terrible idea. However i cant make money appear out of thin air (I Tried) and leaving my firearms in a closet unsecured is an even worse idea.

I have seen a few options online but pretty much i'm trying to find my best option for under $400 that i can keep out of sight and attach to the wall.

Any ideas?
Get a used one and move it yourself.

Ive got a couple of the Costco safes that were in the $450 range. They work fine for what I'm doing and that is showing my insurance company I at least tried. Theres enough tools in my garage to open anything if someone knows what they are doing so any safe is only going to keep the stupid out. More expensive "better" safes would just take a few more minutes to cut into. My neighbors are oblivious to everything.

Talk to some insurance agents. Talk to some locksmiths. Even talk to some big moving companies. Sometimes used stuff becomes available. The problem is the moving costs sometimes are more than the safe costs.

Ive got a couple of the Costco safes that were in the $450 range. They work fine for what I'm doing and that is showing my insurance company I at least tried. Theres enough tools in my garage to open anything if someone knows what they are doing so any safe is only going to keep the stupid out. More expensive "better" safes would just take a few more minutes to cut into. My neighbors are oblivious to everything.

One brand I saw there for under $500 was a Cannon and that brand IMO is GTG

I just saw a great deal on a quality safe in an estate sale this weekend.
$1,200 safe that sold for $300.00 cash.
The best part was it was located in the garage and you could back right in and load it up.
Next time you should pm me;)
Always in the market for more storage.

Buy the best you can afford watch cabelas and place's like that for sales I got a liberty safe from there for $400 bucks it has the old combo dial type they were trying to get rid of them because everyone wants the digital electric one's

I like the electronic lock for easy access but I would like a combination dial as well for redundancy.
I didn't buy it for redundancy I bought it because it was the same safe with a different unlock mechanism for $250 dollars cheaper than the electric combo

I didn't buy it for redundancy I bought it because it was the same safe with a different unlock mechanism for $250 dollars cheaper than the electric combo

Yes and that is fine since it is a dial lock. Most of the safes that you can buy from Cabela's or Costco use electronic locks only.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top