JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mr. Link, is there a reason you don't want to buy the TRS25? For that price range, it's not going to be beat... I'm sure you have read the reviews. I've been using one on a Ruger mkII target pistol and it works excellent for our bowling pin shoots. Extremely quick target acquisition and holds zero very well, batteries last a long time and dot is small and more precise than some of the others I've seen..
zkSePqH.jpg

What's the price tag of cheap?

I'd like to keep it around $50 or less. I do like those PA red dots though!

Mr. Link, is there a reason you don't want to buy the TRS25? For that price range, it's not going to be beat... I'm sure you have read the reviews. I've been using one on a Ruger mkII target pistol and it works excellent for our bowling pin shoots. Extremely quick target acquisition and holds zero very well, batteries last a long time and dot is small and more precise than some of the others I've seen..

Nope! Just making sure that's my best option. Maybe I should order two, one for my Ruger MKIV 22/45 as well :D

I'm looking for a cheap red dot for my Smith & Wesson 15-22 that still has some semblance of quality. I've heard good things about the Bushnell TRS-25 but I wanted other opinions as well.
Here is my recommendation (from another thread):

"I've used this $27 amazon red dot reflex sight on 9mm carbine and 22lr. 4 different dot choices, red or green color, very reliable, does not wander. Hard to beat it for the $. I dont know if it would handle high power rifle or not but has worked great for me on 9mm and 22lr.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075...F8&qid=1540516437&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

71Vw-yhza8L._SX679_.jpg
I think you'll like that one (not taking away anything from the other ones mentioned as it sounds like those are working great also). You can see a review of it here FYI. The guy is beating on it with a full water bottle which is pretty silly, but FWIW you can find it here:"

Also, some other good recommendations in this thread FYI:

Inexpensive sights

Here is my recommendation (from another thread):

"I've used this $27 amazon red dot reflex sight on 9mm carbine and 22lr. 4 different dot choices, red or green color, very reliable, does not wander. Hard to beat it for the $. I dont know if it would handle high power rifle or not but has worked great for me on 9mm and 22lr.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075...F8&qid=1540516437&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

View attachment 512709
I think you'll like that one (not taking away anything from the other ones mentioned as it sounds like those are working great also). You can see a review of it here FYI. The guy is beating on it with a full water bottle which is pretty silly, but FWIW you can find it here:"

Also, some other good recommendations in this thread FYI:

Inexpensive sights

Another challenger! :D

In some kind of snit about 'yet another optic' to buy, I wasted the better part of one summer and considerable frustration & disappointment on a series of cheap Chinese & British labeled "red dots". After 3 hearty attempts by the vendor to provide a sight that worked more than 27 seconds, he had to give up....which for the price of a large pizza was pushing the reliability envelope very hard anyway.

In summary, the absolute best for the money low end red dot I've found is the Burris TRS25. Besides the 'forever warranty' they are in ?Colorado? & actually answer their phone/email, as well as truly resolve their customer issues with their products.

I've got some S&W 617s & find good service with the Fast Fire II & III. I prefer the smaller optic bump to distract from other revolver handling tasks. But the FFIII & TRS25 fit well on the Mk 2 series 22 pistols as well as a High Standard.

The TRS25 is a good option for a cheap red dot. Although be careful with the mount screws. They are easy to snap. Don't ask me how I know. :mad:

I'll "plus whatever" the TRS-25....I have three, one has been on four different guns over the years, including a 3 year stint on an AK ultimak mount used regularly in PR matches....have yet to kill one.
I've bought them as cheap as $45 on sale.

ETA... I recently bought a Holosun 503C ( yes, way outta your price range ), but if their cheaper aights are as well built, they would be a good option.

I like the Sig offering of Holosun that takes a AAA battery. Opticsplanet has them on sale with coupon for about $160. Not in the $50 range, but while I also own Aimpoint Pro's, they have quickly become my favorite "budget" red dot, especially considering the battery is easily replaced and the housing seems very sturdy. Only complaint is the bikini style lens cover compared to flip caps, but for $160, I can live with it. The auto-on and off feature dependent on movement is great. Pick it up, its on. Set it down, after a couple minutes, it turns off.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top