JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Soooooo......what's the point of really cheap optics?

Uh, they're not $300???

I have two reflex optics from eBay that I bought for $39 ea. One on my SD shotty, and one on my AR15 pistol. They've worked fine for years. If there are ones out there for $12.99, I probably would not go there tho. I've seen some ads that specify "For Airsoft". I think that's where the "really cheap" stuff belongs.

I'm really wanting one of those Mini-Docter clones for my G34. Tho I can't compete IDPA with it, there is a rule that specifies UC (unclassified) or something like that. I could shoot the match but wouldn't be in the running for any class... not even sure if they keep the score. But my score has dropped consistently below the midline so I'm not too charged about keepin up. Arthur has really screwed with my back, arms, hands etc, making me slooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Last Edited:
Where do I collect my crown as the king of cheap optics? :s0140:

True to my word, I just ordered all three mentioned in this thread. To be clear, this money came out of my 'entertainment' budget. I'll be sure to let everyone know my thoughts once I get some range time with my S&W 15-22, Ruger 10/22, and Ruger 22/45 :D

https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-TRS-25-Riflescope-1x25mm/dp/B00200E0HM

https://www.amazon.com/Field-Sport-Green-Micro-Sight/dp/B00D4AYBR6

https://www.amazon.com/Fyland-Green-Reflex-Sight-reticles/dp/B075MCP3WQ/

2018-11-07 12_12_04-Order Details.png

I have two moderate priced ($39) reflex optics that I really like. I don't remember the names but they've sure worked well on my SD Mossberg 12ga and on my AR pistol. :)

Where do I collect my crown as the king of cheap optics? :s0140:

True to my word, I just ordered all three mentioned in this thread...

Cool! I look forward to seeing he results. Nothing like "head-to-head testing.

It's so tricky to judge quality on some products now based on price. For some products the old adage "you get what you pay for" applies perfectly. For other items it may not apply at all.

F.e. I looked at a piece of photography equipment the other day and it was over $350 branded with a high-end name. The same thing with a no-name brand was $90.

Not to say that applies to any other product (Have to take each on a case by case basis imo) but just goes to show we have to rely on research to see how good something is and sometimes price is not a good indicator of quality.

Last Edited:
It's so tricky to judge quality on some products now based on price. For some products the old adage "you get what you pay for" applies perfectly. For other items it may not apply at all.

Some cheap items are low quality, and some expensive items are simply overpriced. So yeah, price is not a dependable indicator of quality.

The reality is that I don't have unneeded $$$ laying about that can be casually tossed in the air... I can't afford to spend money on high priced items, yet I cannot afford to waste it on cheap crap that either doesn't work out of the box or doesn't last a few years.

Holosun makes a good one I have them on several AR platform guns
Burris FF3 ,work well on any platform and won't break the bank
JMO hope you find something fun to use so many choices

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR