JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"I just wish they didn't spit when they talk."

That statement cracked me up. I am STILL smiling as I type this.

I bought my 32" Vizio at Costco Veterans Day 2010 for $400. After getting screwed by Comcast for many years I switched to Dish TV. When my yearly income dropped to the point I couldn't afford the $40 or 50 a month I was shelling out to them I called to cancel their service. Oh no no no we don't want you to do this! We can make you a much better deal! Look we can put you on the $20 a month plan! I swear it was like talking to a politican. You ask a 'talking head' a simple *yes* or *no* question... They'll talk for 5 or 10 minutes and NEVER ANSWER your original question, then smile at you thinking you will be OK with their answer.
Not me. I'll step closer to them and speak LOUDER and SLOWER and use fewer words and ask them the same damn thing AGAIN. And if I again receive the same BS response from them
I'll spend every waking breath burning them until the end of time.

Kinda went off on a Kramer tangent here...

Back ON topic. For 4 or 5 years I get just 2 channels. ME TV and ME TV Movies. They bought a bunch of old old TV shows from the 60s 70s and 80s. Like Dragnet ADAM12 Beaver, 12 O'Clock High...you get the picture...

Because I get just 2 channels right now at 0253 the TV is off. These days the first good show is at 1PM-Gunsmoke. Then off until 7 and MASH is on. Maybe a movie maybe not. But what I am saying is my TV is OFF more than it is on. (Well it was off...)

Great TV from the olden days when America had corporal punishment in the school system. We all stood and recited the Pledge of Allegiance before school 5 days a week. Most of us grew up with a mom and a dad. Dad worked and mom took care of us kids and the house. That's how I started out. It wasn't all Yahtzee and margarita's but it was still pretty good.

I miss the old America.

Last Edited:
I like all the replies of I don't watch much tv.....
These days tv is replaced buy spending hours on end online....

I am in the same boat as you are Velzey...

Generally I don't turn off my PC unless I am going out of town for more than 6 hours. I am just thankful my monitor has that built in screen saver so the whole thing takes a siesta when I am away or asleep in my chair.

In many ways I hate to admit it but I am an internet junkie. Either on a website like this one or up to 4 other pro freedom guns and preparedness sites. I signed up here in September 2014 so I still feel like a newby here. OTOH I have been a gun owner since 1970 and a bit of a prepper since around 1980.

I'd try bbb, also continue to write letters all the way up to their CEO. File an attorney general complaint....and put out on every social media you are on how they ripped you off. It may not help but you'll know you exhausted all possibilities.

Brutus out

Using hashtags like #besbuysucks #bestbuyripoff in any of your posts will help spread the word as well. Someone will now find this thread if then enter bestbuy in an form. #bestbuybadcustomerservice

Small claims court, you represent themselves, and they can't send a lawyer. Just depends on if the judge believes you or not.

http://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/resources/?fa=newsinfo_jury.scc&altMenu=smal

Also off their Best Buy Website...

If you receive a product that is defective or that is not the product you ordered, please return it to a Best Buy store – and we'll arrange for a replacement. If you would rather return the item by mail, please call us for special instructions at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). We will cover all reasonable and customary ground shipping fees.

Also, I would suggest recording this (you must tell them in WA that you are recording). Log everything...who you talked to at the store, their names, what they stated to you...you can also take up a claim with the Better Business Bureau. Make copies, as well...the receipt...any paperwork that came with the TV...etc.

No offense to the original poster here but man alive there ain't been too many times I had mo money than brains! I bought a cherry old 4 by Dodge for 2200 and later a yard tractor for about the same money. I still got the tractor...

I don't go to the movies I like to sit at home and watch! Surround sound and all that. $2500 isn't anything..Lets talk sound systems to go along with the big plasma TV's...

High end Denon receiver was $3000...:rolleyes:

Hey let's be respectful of the guy. So what if he paid $2500 for a TV? Maybe that's what he likes and wants to spend his money on. I'm sure plenty of people here couldn't fathom spending $4000 on a 1911. So what's the big deal?
Back to the original post. Try a different store. Sometimes that can help and is more efficient. They may even just do it no questions asked.

I feel your pain and would be Super F'n Pissed. That being said I had a good experience there a few years ago when the screen of the laptop I type to you now on was broken after being shot with an air soft gun.:oops: We had the whatever warranty they sold us upon purchase (so glad!!) and they replaced the screen, Free! And the whole ordeal from start to finish only took 8 days, I was impressed!

I didn't tell them I shot the computer with an air soft gun though. I told them it was a lego that got closed in it and blamed my child that I still don't have as that seemed more responsible!! HAHAHA

Uh dude, you DO know you're supposed to print the downloadable targets BEFORE you shoot them, right?

;) :D

Bought my most recent TV from Amazon, mostly because Amazon has a good return policy. Like most stuff from Amazon, it was delivered to my doorstep within a couple of days.

Also have bought several items from the Idaho Falls BB. If I have had to return anything, the experience must have been OK, because I don't remember any problems.

Alright, Just so everyone knows I bought the TV as a gift for a close friend who pretty much saved my life. It was a 65 inch 4k TV. I personally don't watch TV very much. I still have a TV from 6 years ago. The TV was actually loaded by the "best" buy employee laying down flat into the bed of our truck. Even though "Best" buys website says

"Myth: Unlike a plasma TV, it's okay to lay an LCD or LED TV flat when transporting in a car

Reality: Larger LCD and LED TVs are constructed to have their weight balanced when set upright. So if you lay the screen flat, there won't be adequate support in the middle, which can lead to cracking or distortion on the edges if left that way over time. Add in the vibrations while driving a car, and the chance of cracking or distortion only increases."

source

I tried calling corporate and the first time they said "nothing we can do for you". Second time they tried to "mediate" buy staying on the line while I talked to the manager of that store. Basically what happened was the manager said "I'm not giving you a refund" and then corporate said "is there anything else I could do for you?" Then they both hung up on me. Third time I reached someone higher up and they contacted the store manager and all of a sudden the manager said there was an "impact mark" on the TV. Even though when we brought it in they couldn't find what was wrong with it til we told them to plug it in. And, again, "sorry, nothing we could do for you, but the store would like to sell you another TV at a discount" Oh, and the "impact mark" was brought up AFTER i told them about what was written on their website. And, to top it off. The day I went to return the TV and was told "no" I called AMEX and filed a dispute and asked them multiple times that no matter what I would get my money back right? They said "Yes, AMEX will take care of you." So, I went to video only to purchase the same TV at 300 dollars less. When we took it home and opened the box, all the accessories and manuals were in a seperate box, inside of the TV box. The one we bought at "best" buy was just scattered all around the TV box. So, now I'm at a lost. Last correspondence I had with corporate was 2 days ago and they said they would "talk to the general manager of that store" Haven't heard from them since.

PS. I'm kind of blown away at how many people have actually been screwed by best buy, on here, and on the internet.

PSS. When we actually opened the box we could see a faint line running across the panel. Thinking it was nothing till we plugged it in and saw this 2d1jy3o.jpg

PSSS. Thanks for everyone who actually provided helpful information. Where would I file a small claims court If i live in washington and bought the TV in Oregon? And for all the nay-sayers, well, free country. People can spend their money how they see fit. Some of you guys own guns wayyyyyyyyy out of my price range. And you know what? I give you a big thumbs up for buying it and enjoying it.

Last Edited:
I don't know about you, but if I spend over $500 on any item I buy those damage protection plans. Yeah, sure, it is a way for them to weasel a bit more money out of you, but hey, there are many times, like this, where those things can save your behind. My new $1300 laptop was booting tonight and I thought for sure I would have to utilize my protection plan. Thankfully, I was able to fix the problem through some intense diagnostics and found the problem. However, there is no way in heck I am trusting any return policy from a store with something that expensive. Two grand is a hell of a lot of money to fork out and not get any protection plan for..Those protection plans are usually through a third party and you should read them over before signing. Places like Square Trade are very reputable and will replace the full value of the item that was damaged. They usually cover most types of damage, such as dropping it , etc.

I really put a LOT into a stores return policy, especially on the 'Big Ticket' items and like em or not! Wal-Mart and Bi-mart are tough to beat!
Any reason, just bring it back.
From hearing experiences from some friends and other people about returns Best Buy is the worst.

Hope things work out for you........

:mad:I would rather watch a mobile, made out of my own toes, spinning in front of a fan than buy anything from BB! They are corrupt beyond any limits.:mad:

BTW, I have had very good experiences with Video Only!
We visited Video Only one day after leaving Costco. Saw the same basic TV set at Video Only for $100 more. The only difference was the suffix letter on the model number, "B" instead of "G". We asked the sales guy why the Costco set was $100 cheaper and he replied that the Costco set had a different model number suffix because it was made for Costco with cheaper parts. My wife then whipped out her iPhone and looked it up. Seems the real story is the difference in the color of the case determines the model number suffix. Otherwise the sets were identical. The guy didn't say anything, just turned and walked away. :)

Pay the $15 and file in small claims court. Serve the papers yourself to the store manager. Then see if he wants to settle out of court.

Like an idiot I bought my last TV from BB. The guys asked if I wanted to purchase the extended warranty, I laughed back at em " like you'll still be in business"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top