Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best Belt for Concealed Carry?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Warface, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Warface

Warface Sherwood Member

Hey guys, I have been carrying forever with a cheap leather belt and think it is finally time to purchase a nice alternative. I have been looking at the belts with reinforcement as a possibility (I just picked up a raven concealment holster that sags a bit with my current belt set up) but I did not know if those were over kill. Any suggestions? Thanks -

2. Guilty

Guilty Salem, Oregon Active Member

I have bought several gun belts from thebeltman.net that I am very satisfied with. I have two elephant skin belts that still look new and I bought them 4-5 years ago, no sagging here. IMO, you can't go wrong with this company, they have a very good reputation for quality products.

hjahvon and (deleted member) like this.
  3. JVK

JVK West Active Member

4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Anything that is thick, wide, and stiff will work well. I personally wear a riggers belt, riggers belt - Google Search My main carry for a couple years now is a M&Pc with light in a Raven OWB holster.

5. DK47

DK47 Beaverton, OR Member

+1 for the riggers belt, I have a titanium Instructor belt from The Wilderness that I use everyday, when the velcro gets worn you just send it in and they replace the belt for cheap. I am planning on getting an Ares Tactical cobra belt soon, it is even stiffer..

6. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

OK, here it is. Ya have to figure that a cheap belt will last 10-20 years. So a good lined belt will outlive you, and every day you'll be happy that you spent a bit extra and got a good one. It says you live in Beaverton, real close is world class belts. Go into the Ted Blocker store, get a good fit for you. They'll make it to your size if they don't have it hanging there. I bought 2 and am so happy. I can't say that they are the "best", but I couldn't imagine much better. BTW, the trade off of a good and strong belt is that it's not supple or lightweight.

Good luck.

tedblockerholsters.com

tedblockerholsters.com

7. mattg521

mattg521 portland.,or Member

Ted Blocker in Tigard is where I got mine. Couldn't be happier.

8. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

9. Jaybo666

Jaybo666 Clackamas Member

10. xd45acp

xd45acp molalla Active Member

The one you're wearing (concealed carry joke)
    Seriously though, I have heard very good things of Ted Blocker.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Portland, OR Member

I ordered mine from TT Gunleather a long time ago, but had I known there was a local source I would have gone that direction. Not that there is anything wrong with my belt at all, I would just rather support a local dealer.

12. kamaaina1

kamaaina1 Vancouver, WA New Member

X2 on the Ted Blocker. Just picked one up last night at the Sportsman's show. High quality & craftsmanship. He also does holsters.

13. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

I finally retired my Ted Blocker belt after fifteen years :) I now wear a Liger belt. It. Is made from a synthetic material. After 6 years it still looks like new other than the scratches I put on the buckle. The Liger also has a non slip affect on holsters too that I like. They stay where you put em :)

solv3nt and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

15. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

16. Heidland

Heidland SW Washington Active Member

I also wear a riggers belt, and buckle it over my left front pocket instead of over my fly...keeps my in-pants concealed holster nice and snug. .45s are heavy after a while :p

17. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

I like the "Better BDU Belt". I have seen them online, and (if you are able to shop there) the Fort Vancouver AAFES Shoppett has them.

18. Screwy

Screwy Suburban Clackamas County Active Member

Found a riggers belt at WS on 82nd by Tuff, instructors belt for $44. Love it. Heavy roller buckle, d ring with velcro loop, long velco tail 1.75"w.

19. dallen1x

dallen1x Wil_Val, OR Active Member

Does Ted Blocker do contour belts?

20. wileyjackhammer

wileyjackhammer Eastern Washington New Member

I'm new here, but not to concealed carry.
    I have been using KRAMER (Tacoma, WA) belts & holsters for 30+ years, even before they were called KRAMER. I use a 1 1/2" belt for most things, but some slacks require you to also have a 1 1/4" belt. I have one belt that is about 30 years old and my "new" one is about 10 years old (sharkskin). I carry EVERY day of my life, but I also use a KRAMER pocket holster to do so and it's 20+ years old. All the stuff still looks good and works just fine. I carry N-Frames and .45 auto's on a belt and a J-frame or new L-Frame 296 for pocket carry.

I know the Beltman belts are good and I have friends with them. Ted Blocker belts and holsters are just fine. I've tried GALCO and BIANCHI and they are OK, but not as good as any of the first three.

Do yourself a favor and buy a quality belt, it's the support framework for everything else. I know my oldest belt has lasted long enough now to be down to about $1 a year.........

wileyjackhammer