JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are a couple of guys at Saturday market that sell great belts for about 40.00. You can pick design and color and buckle. Very surdy, nice looking, good value and MADE IN USA.

Northwest Armory has leather belts from I believe Filsteins? I purchased one two years ago and its still holding up and have no sag one bit. About $80 - $100 worth while.
Use a Super Tuck Deluxe Horse Hide. well worth the money.

Excellent advice. There are many posts about someone having trouble with the carry of their weapon and it can easily be solved by starting with a solid foundation.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

I'm sure many will disagree, but due to the low cost you might want to look at the Roughneck belt from Cabelas. I just purchased one and love it. I don't have the exact dimesions, but I'm guessing its about 1 1/4" wide, and 1/4" thick, good leather as well. Very sturdy, and my gun doesn't move at all when I wear it. It is only $30! I haven't had it for very long, so I can't speak to the longevity yet, but I know it will hold up far better than standard belts. I can post a picture and exact dimensions if you're interested.

I have used Ted Blocker Holsters for decades. They are in Tigard
Don makes the best.
A horsehide belt will not stretch and deform. It is my base for all of it.
Also same goes for horsehide holsters. They will outlast you by about 10 generations.

Does Ted Blocker do contour belts?

I think Don or his people will custom make anything you want.
He has made me some pretty unusual holsters. Most after heavy use for the last 30 years
still hold their shape and show little wear after very heavy use.

For leather - I'd go with Ted Blocker. My wife purchased one from them - and it is seriously heavy duty, it's attractive, and really stabilizes the gun on her waist. I prefer nylon belts, mostly because of my line of work. I don't want to scratch a nice leather belt all to hell, or saturate it with chemicals that can't be easily washed out of leather. I wear Frequent Flyer belts from Wilderness Tactical - I have a 1 1/4 inch and 1 1/2 inch thickness belts from them - one 5 stitch model, and one with their composite stiffing material insert. I have had the 1 1/4 inch belt for 6 years and it's still in great shape.

Hey guys, I have been carrying forever with a cheap leather belt and think it is finally time to purchase a nice alternative. I have been looking at the belts with reinforcement as a possibility (I just picked up a raven concealment holster that sags a bit with my current belt set up) but I did not know if those were over kill. Any suggestions? Thanks -

What size do you need? I have a black leather Blackhawk reinforced dress belt that I have not used
<broken link removed>

I just received a gun belt from Armour Belts for my birthday and I can highly recommend both the maker and the belt. One thing I didn't consider when sizing my belt is the added thickness of the leather, so the first belt I received ended up being a little too snug. Mike sent another belt the next size up right away without even waiting for the first one to get back to him. The new belt fits perfectly and is of excellent quality and workmanship. I can't wait to have one in black now so I can be wearing this great belt all the time. Great belts, great price, and Mike is a great guy to work with. If you're ordering one of his belts though I'd recommend considering adding an inch to your measurement to allow the the thickness of this belt if you're using a thinner belt as your measuring guide. This belt is thick and heavy duty.

As i just posted in a different thread, if you are looking for something versatile and hard wearing i'd recommend the Original SOE Gear Rigid cobra belt... comfortable and you could hang an awful lot of weight from it! Stylish too ;o)

I like SOE belt for the price, and it looks like it will hold up for a long time.
My super classy Levis leather belt from Fred Meyer is wearing out pretty fast with carrying my 1911.
I look at my belt as another tool, not just something to hold up my pants.
It can ba a belt, a tourniquette, a hasty restraint, or an improvised zip line hand hold for when I have to make a sweet action movie escape via power line from the top of a building...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top