JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ever since I sold my FAL I have been looking for another .308.
The Colt 901 was one I was seriously looking at.
The M&P 10 with a price of $1200 just went to the top of the list for me.
The main thing I don't like about all the other .308's out there is they all have 16" barrels.
The M&P 10 comes with an 18" barrel which is what I would prefer.
When I was getting 7.62 NATO delivered for $99 1600 rounds delivered I shot a lot of it.

A moment of silence for the good ol days.

My FAL had a 21" barrel and I could shoot it all day long no sweat. 18" barrel wasn't to bad.
My buddy with a 16" FAL was kinda brutal, not recoil wise but getting pummeled with the sound and blast.
Even with plugs and muffs on my left ear was not happy after around 500 rounds. Took about 3 days for the ringing to stop.
No brake just the standard short Belgian FH. A brake would have been a lot worse IMO.

.308 blast is no joke, no one crowds you at the rock pit. Packs a pretty good wallop and is actually kind of funny. Especially when you warn someone not to stand there and they set up anyway.

I've not shot an AR type 16" .308 but I cant imagine the experience would be much different.
Good looking rig too.

I really miss my para FAL.

mampp10_zps322e84fc.jpg

The FAL is the right arm of the free world. There is something to be said when you watch the world news and see them still being used. I would not part with mine sure she is heavy but she sure can dance !

I have an armalite AR 10 incoming. It has a 20" barrel. I already have some upgrade bits for it like jp trigger and scope mount and armalite free float tube. I also have some reloading components on the way.

I can't decide what kind of scope I want. I think I will mount a vortex 4-16 I have in reserve but ultimately I think I want a 2-10 or something with an even lower power lowest power setting.

Last Edited:
I've been upgrading my DPMS Gen 1 AR-10 too. For a trigger, I settled on the Wilson Tactical Trigger Unit - TTU. They make a great selection of different models in both single stage, and two stage, and in a variety of trigger weights. So whether you prefer a single or two stage pull, or whatever weight category you like, they have a model available.

Super, super easy to drop in and install, too, since it is a single module type unit.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Trigger-Units/products/258/

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top