JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want to spend two grand you have lots of options. You could put together three PSA guns for under two grand.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

What is the intended use? Bench, Practical rifle, Or hunting.

Don't just consider whats the best rifle made but whats the best rifle for you.

for hunting I would higher recommend you looking at weights. a extra pound can really weigh on your shoulder after pounding the brush for a day and try to get the most comfortable and widest sling you can find . The .308s are heavy

I had the barrel on my .308 turned to lowest possible safe profile you could get in a .308 and added a light weight carbon fiber float to tube and its still heavier than a most traditional .308 hunting rifles its lighter by far than the one you're considering . but due to the grip and shorter length is so much easier to travel through thick brush, and rough terrain with and get in and of the truck with, but with out a proper sling you may get a sore shoulder ask me how i know.

whats amazing about my LR.308 i have is how mild the recoil is on them and a pleasure to shoot it is. although i did get a red area after shooting over 140 rds fired in one day but thats from the checkers on the buttstock while wearing a tshirt a good rubber pad should solve that . BTW its a AP4 slash heavy buffer and spring added and 140 rds fired in 1 day no malfuntions no cleaning or lube added hit the 8x8 steal plate at 120 yards everytime i shot at it

never had a issue with it other than it will not fully eject if you fire with the ejection port cover closed. DPMS with fix that issue if you get one like that. and it may be caused by the heavy buffer and spring i added.

my nephew owns on too its all stock he had some issues with the factory mag that came with it DPMS replaced it. it has had no issues since with over 600 rds fired . his is so accurate its sick
my is but with the thinner barrel heats up faster. so groups open a up little after a few rds but still not bad just not as good as my nephews or maybe he is a better shot than I

I really like My Sig Sauer 716. Weight is a issue with the .308 gas rifles. Most are heavy as compared to a AR15.

photo-81_zpsae9d6ae4.jpg

Yeah I just figured I could get the Ruger put a new trigger on it and an affordable optic and still be under 2 grand. Then later on down the road possibly a new barrel ☺

How reliable are the Ruger 762 and the Sig 716 proving to be?

I'm considering a piston 308 AR around the same price point, and these are the two contenders. I'd love to get my hands on a LWRI REPR, but can't justify the $3500 price tag.

Yeah I just figured I could get the Ruger put a new trigger on it and an affordable optic and still be under 2 grand. Then later on down the road possibly a new barrel ☺
The Geissle SSA-E is a perfect trigger for it. I installed one on the SR556 and it is match grade quality.

Not to impose my choice on the OP but what is the purpose of use for said 308 AR?
Is it to be a LRTR, or a MBR?
Personally I am not sold on 308 ARs, I much prefer the FNHBAR and SA M1A offerings where there are many used offerings.
Make a list of the 5 main features you want your firearm to have and the 3 roles it must fill. I believe you can find several offerings below $2K

I would seriously consider an AK Variant in 308 with a longer barrel

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads