JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Members,

I wish to purchase an AK-47 to have as a secondary battle rifle and was hoping some of you could give me some sound guidance and information.

The primary role and utilization of this firearm will be as another reliable battle rifle I can take with me should I ever need to exfiltrate out of my area in an emergency.

My simple parameters for the firearm are:
1) Chrome lined barrel
2) Fixed or side-folding stock
3) 7.62x39 caliber
4) "Reasonable" accuracy - I can easily hit a cantaloupe at 100 yards and/or center mass from 200 yards.

Having said that, is it possible to buy one now with the parameters above for less than $600? If so, what kind would be best for my purposes and where should I purchase one?

Just a note I would much prefer to see it and hold it in my hands first before I make a purchasing decision so I can see if the front sight and/or barrel is canted, the magazine wobbles too much, etc. Any other suggestions on what to check would be appreciated as well.

Thanks ahead of time everyone. Semper Fi.

A lot of people bag on them (and it's not without reason) but I've had good results with Romanian WASR-10's. I have one that is amazing at 100 yards, even more amazing at 50 yards. I think the QC has improved quite a bit from past specimens.

+ 1 on Century's new AK. For all your requirements.

+ 1 on a simple wasr.

And lastly my bid:

Opaps and Npaps ("Yugo m70 based AKs") are darn accurate. Though they don't have a chrome lined chamber and bore they shoot very well. Regretfully traded my Opap to a buddy for his Npap and a little cash.. Npap is still a great rifle.

Buy an SKS and save yourself some money.

All but the Yugo's would fit the above criteria.

Then put it in whatever stock you like.

I like AKs a lot but for the price point your looking at Imo an SKS would be a better rifle.

century c39 US made
i just picked up my tactical version for 645$ its a little over the 600 mark but its worth it. for budget ak's century is a good one also m&m inc. but most of the stuff isn't 922r compliant so some parts have to be swapped but both those manufactures are half the price of arsenal ak's

What can I say?:D

I think a good SKS would be a much better 2nd battle rifle then a cheap AK.

Now if your talking $750-800+ then I'd an AK for sure.

Having both in stock configuration, I don't agree. IMO, the SKS is lacking is several key areas such as ergonomics of the stock, reload speed/ease/frequency and weight. I do like my Russian SKS but think the AK, even in budget form, is a much better platform. They will still be reliable and as accurate as you will need an AK or SKS to be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top