JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One-hundred and fifty flawless rounds with Blazer brass 115gr today. One Mecgar magazine doesn't lock the slide.
Was that with an 18 round mag?
Yup. The other 18 rounders worked just fine.

Does it look any different than the other Mec-gars? There's a little tab on the left front of the follower that pushes the slide release lever up when the mag is empty. You'll see a cutout in the magazine body for the tab. On all of mine, the tab is slightly proud of the magazine body when the mag is empty. Also the left side of the follower should reach very close to the top of the feed lips, maybe 1/32" from the top. If it doesn't, check for a misshaped follower, bent feed lips or a weak spring.

If all of that looks good, mark the bad mag and swap followers with a known good one. See if the failure repeats in the marked mag or the other one. Or if it's your lucky day, neither! :D If the failure repeats on the bad mag, switch springs also and try again.

If the problem were with the baseplate you probably would have noticed that right away.

Does it look any different than the other Mec-gars? There's a little tab on the left front of the follower that pushes the slide release lever up when the mag is empty. You'll see a cutout in the magazine body for the tab. On all of mine, the tab is slightly proud of the magazine body when the mag is empty. Also the left side of the follower should reach very close to the top of the feed lips, maybe 1/32" from the top. If it doesn't, check for a misshaped follower, bent feed lips or a weak spring.

If all of that looks good, mark the bad mag and swap followers with a known good one. See if the failure repeats in the marked mag or the other one. Or if it's your lucky day, neither! :D If the failure repeats on the bad mag, switch springs also and try again.

If the problem were with the baseplate you probably would have noticed that right away.
I'll have to check later. I brought like five magazines and threw them all back in the box of fun afterwards.

I think the mags are interchangeable across all the full size 92/M9 series.

I have a 92FS w/G conversion and slimmer aftermarket grips. Very nice factory trigger. Short pull and reset, no perceptible creep and very smooth break. Super accurate and shoots fast very well. I have to say before the upgrades it was not a gun I would carry with confidence. Didn't fit my hands and the manual of arms gave me fits, but it was better than the M9. Now it's a fantastic gun for the price. Jealous of the pic rail on the M9a1 and jealous of everything about the M9a4. :)
I just had a Langdon Tactical Trigger job completed, and the trigger is close or on par with my 90s Python.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top