JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Did you base your most recent firearrm purchase on reviews or comments in NWFA?

• YES, purchase was WHOLLY based on NWFA reviews/comments.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • YES, purchase was PARTLY based on NWFA reviews/comments.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • NO, purchase was not based on ANY reviews/comments in NWFA.

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • NO, have not purchased any firearms within the last ten years.

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Reactions
This is a poll regarding purchase of your last firearm. Did you base your purchase, in whole or in part, on reviews or comments in NWFA? I'll put an arbitrary ten-year timeline on the poll just to keep it limited to that extent.

I'm building a 10mm now, after shooting a member's pistol and reading this 1000+ post thread.

I didn't read most of it, and we'll never know if @Certaindeaf ever got his or not, but at least we were all entertained by witty banter as he gets eaten by a cougar or bear.

-Robert

Last one? No. Same answer for the one before that and so forth. On that note, generally speaking, no, it doesn't play much of a rôle. Normally, particularly at this juncture, I know exactly what I'm looking for, so done.

But there has been several cases it was a factor. I can think of one, a full-sized .357 Magnum, that I based largely on the recommendation of a member here (and follow ups with said).

No disrespect to the folks on this forum but I have never bought a gun based on comments or reviews made on this forum.

I do look at a few reviews on YouTube, download the manual off the manufactures web page and then play with the gun at the store then buy or not.

I will agree that there are probably hundreds of years of combined experience on these pages but I do not know anyone personally and have not gained the trust of folks enough to make my decision based on just their opinion.

I do like and wish to continue reading their opinions as they may bring up something on a firearm I could have missed and this is the same reason I watch YouTube.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top