JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Did you base your most recent firearrm purchase on reviews or comments in NWFA?

• YES, purchase was WHOLLY based on NWFA reviews/comments.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • YES, purchase was PARTLY based on NWFA reviews/comments.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • NO, purchase was not based on ANY reviews/comments in NWFA.

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • NO, have not purchased any firearms within the last ten years.

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Reactions
This is a poll regarding purchase of your last firearm. Did you base your purchase, in whole or in part, on reviews or comments in NWFA? I'll put an arbitrary ten-year timeline on the poll just to keep it limited to that extent.

I'm building a 10mm now, after shooting a member's pistol and reading this 1000+ post thread.

I didn't read most of it, and we'll never know if @Certaindeaf ever got his or not, but at least we were all entertained by witty banter as he gets eaten by a cougar or bear.

-Robert

Last one? No. Same answer for the one before that and so forth. On that note, generally speaking, no, it doesn't play much of a rôle. Normally, particularly at this juncture, I know exactly what I'm looking for, so done.

But there has been several cases it was a factor. I can think of one, a full-sized .357 Magnum, that I based largely on the recommendation of a member here (and follow ups with said).

No disrespect to the folks on this forum but I have never bought a gun based on comments or reviews made on this forum.

I do look at a few reviews on YouTube, download the manual off the manufactures web page and then play with the gun at the store then buy or not.

I will agree that there are probably hundreds of years of combined experience on these pages but I do not know anyone personally and have not gained the trust of folks enough to make my decision based on just their opinion.

I do like and wish to continue reading their opinions as they may bring up something on a firearm I could have missed and this is the same reason I watch YouTube.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top