1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Beretta 92fc barrel swap

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Glass, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Glass

Glass Oregon city Member

Hi all I would like to know if any body knows if the standard barrel for the 92fs will work in the 92 compact? It's about 1" longer just wondering might be a little more accurate. I've had my compact being the 13+1 model for about 14years. Very nice gun very accurate. Thanks for any info you might have.
  2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Try looking at the The Weigand Nosepiece for better accuracy.
  3. itech

itech Vancouver Member

Where did you get your extra barrel? I'm trying to find an affordable extra M9 barrel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  4. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I have heard a full size barrel will or could possibly throw the timing off on a type L, or M. Due to the less mass of the compact slide. I have both and can assure you it wont help with accuracy. Im the in house Beretta authority, or as close as you can get. A gentleman on the Beretta forums does a WAL barrel bushing which helps the accuracy more than any other mod. Similar to the Weingand nosepeice but no drilling and tapping needed, looks cooler IMO as well. I need to have my railed type L done, cant do much more to her anyway at this point. For the price a D spring will help your accuracy best bang for the buck sorta speak. Here's my inox 92FS Type L, and 92FS Type M. 20130922_170626.jpg