JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm purchasing a handgun next month and while I have shot a fair number of handguns in the past, this will be my first time owning one so I was looking for a basic intro to/basics of handgun shooting and safety (never hurts to take another safety course). Does anyone know of one in the Olympia area? I'd like to keep it inexpensive if I could (not looking for combat training..... at this time, haha). I have a friend with a handgun that would also be interested in coming. Does the NRA run a class around here?

We both will have semi-auto 9MMs if that matters.

Also: any books you can recommend? Primarily purchasing the pistol to have fun shooting targets with but i would also like to learn more about home/personal defense down the road when I get more comfortable with it.

Thanks!

Nick,

Looking at the Capitol City Rifle & Pistol Club, they have Beginning Pistol training listed on the calender.

<broken link removed>

Not sure if thats member only, but its a start. Here is their Brochure... <broken link removed>

Also check Evergreen Sportsmans Club, they used to have a number listed for an instructor. <broken link removed>

Awesome! My friend's father is part of Capitol City and those facilities are nice. I might have to join (are you a member?)! Hey Oly, do you own a pistol? I only have one other person to shoot handguns with at the moment. Now that my schedule will start to get a bit more free (I've been grinding all summer at work with split days off/sometimes 6 day weeks) I can actually go enjoy things, haha. We should hit the range soon!

Nick. I have a few now, 2-.22's 1-9mm and 1-.45. I dont belong to a range yet, butI have been to Range 15, Renton Fish and Game Club, and Capitol Forest. There is a group of guys from another forum headed to Capitol Forest this weekend. You should come check it out.... I'll send you a PM....

Nick. I have a few now, 2-.22's 1-9mm and 1-.45. I dont belong to a range yet, butI have been to Range 15, Renton Fish and Game Club, and Capitol Forest. There is a group of guys from another forum headed to Capitol Forest this weekend. You should come check it out.... I'll send you a PM....

Crap- I work saturday until six and then I'm hiking with my neighbors all day Sunday. Towards the end of September I should be off weekend work schedule so I'm in for weekend shooting then, or sunday after next if I am free. If all works out I should have my pistol mid/late next month.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top