JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm purchasing a handgun next month and while I have shot a fair number of handguns in the past, this will be my first time owning one so I was looking for a basic intro to/basics of handgun shooting and safety (never hurts to take another safety course). Does anyone know of one in the Olympia area? I'd like to keep it inexpensive if I could (not looking for combat training..... at this time, haha). I have a friend with a handgun that would also be interested in coming. Does the NRA run a class around here?

We both will have semi-auto 9MMs if that matters.

Also: any books you can recommend? Primarily purchasing the pistol to have fun shooting targets with but i would also like to learn more about home/personal defense down the road when I get more comfortable with it.

Thanks!

Nick,

Looking at the Capitol City Rifle & Pistol Club, they have Beginning Pistol training listed on the calender.

<broken link removed>

Not sure if thats member only, but its a start. Here is their Brochure... <broken link removed>

Also check Evergreen Sportsmans Club, they used to have a number listed for an instructor. <broken link removed>

Awesome! My friend's father is part of Capitol City and those facilities are nice. I might have to join (are you a member?)! Hey Oly, do you own a pistol? I only have one other person to shoot handguns with at the moment. Now that my schedule will start to get a bit more free (I've been grinding all summer at work with split days off/sometimes 6 day weeks) I can actually go enjoy things, haha. We should hit the range soon!

Nick. I have a few now, 2-.22's 1-9mm and 1-.45. I dont belong to a range yet, butI have been to Range 15, Renton Fish and Game Club, and Capitol Forest. There is a group of guys from another forum headed to Capitol Forest this weekend. You should come check it out.... I'll send you a PM....

Nick. I have a few now, 2-.22's 1-9mm and 1-.45. I dont belong to a range yet, butI have been to Range 15, Renton Fish and Game Club, and Capitol Forest. There is a group of guys from another forum headed to Capitol Forest this weekend. You should come check it out.... I'll send you a PM....

Crap- I work saturday until six and then I'm hiking with my neighbors all day Sunday. Towards the end of September I should be off weekend work schedule so I'm in for weekend shooting then, or sunday after next if I am free. If all works out I should have my pistol mid/late next month.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top