JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a relative newcomer here and have only made one transction so far--a trade.

It was about a $400 deal. Had I tried to "duplicate" this transaction by buying and selling on Gunbroker.com, it is entirely likely that I might have come out ahead by $25 or so.

The bottom line though, is that in exchange for that $25 I got to make my transaction face-to-face with a fellow member. I got to look at the gun, feel it, inspect it, and talk to the owner about it. This all happened on a schedule and at a convenient place that we both agreed to. No issues with shipping or FFL's or money orders. He was happy, I was happy.

Saving a few bucks is nice but I would rather pay a bit more for he peace of mind of a face to face transaction with a local human being.

I don't see why surplus guns are equated with "crap made guns." On a budget, you can get a really well-made, practical, and reliable gun if you go for the surplus stuff. One can sing the praises of the used $350-$400 guns... but you can get a durable, reliable, accurate, concealable surplus pistol for under $200.

Maybe. But how do you know they're higher quality? Lot's of "great deals" out there on the internet. Some work out. Some don't. I value dealing with local people whose product I can actually look at before parting with my money. Plus, one of the great things about a FTF transaction is that you don't have to file paperwork with the government -- or pay for the FFL fee and background check on this end -- typically $35-40.

I had the PT1911... It was clunky, loose and just didn't have the fit and finish of my Colt or Glock... Bad gun? Not necessarily.. Just didn't feel right.. Shot ok, and was accurate. Cheaper? Yes, but about a hundred bucks.. The Colt and Glock both have better quality handguns. I have had all three. Tarus makes a dandy revolver, but I wouldn't own another auto that they produce. To each his own. If you like it, keep it.. If not, trade it out.

If you use Post Office issued Money orders, and send them certified mail, you should be pretty safe. Not too many scammers are stupid enough to call down the wrath of the Postal Inspectors for a thousand bucks.

These can save you from an outright rip-off. One of the things I've discovered buying stuff online, is that there is a huge discrepancy from seller to seller (and buyer to buyer) on definitions of "New", "used", "excellent","fine", "70%", "80%","90%" etc. While the safeguards generally ensure you get something, the differences in peoples definitions can really affect the VALUE of what you end up getting.

I have never paid more than 350 for a Ruger P series. They ussualy go for $325-375. There dependabiity is top, and most people dont know they have a very good quality control team, right here in America.

Sig's are good, but rarely priced at 450. SPecifically the P250.

Glocks are designed to suck up weapon allowances. Mostly LEO market. True Operators would never waist there money on them.
-------------------
I bet those un-true operators can spell :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top