JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's another tidbit for you coffee hounds to show how Starbucks, Allen Bros, Seattle's Best, other "scorched bean" roasters, are making a killing on their over priced over roasted shtuff...

Coffee is grown in 3rd world toilets right? High grade (arabicas) are their CASH crop for their economy. They don't keep much of it. Exported mostly to Europe until America picked up gourmet coffee the last few decades (although majority of American's still drink that stale canned crap).
So all that is left for the locals to drink are the beans that didn't make grade - which generally taste like crap. (Similar to mid-westerners knowing the difference between 'feeder corn' vs 'sweet corn'. Only one is for the dinner table.) So the locals figured out if they over roasted the beans to caramelize them, it made the flavor more tolerable. Dark roast is the scraps off the table for the poor.

Then came marketing in America.... the 'dark roast' craze/fad in America is based on overcharging for cheap under-developed lousy quality beans, over roasting it to hide the poor flavor, but making it "cool". cool.gif

If its a quality bean, it should be roasted to bring out its best flavor - usually no more than medium roast. Over roasting destroys the subtle nuances between different growing regions, altitudes, soil, wash or dry processing method of the cherries, etc.

OK, nuff about the morning bev, its whisky time! whisky.gif

i cant speak for everyone but im over it. i was just puttin it out there that my breakroom coffee tastes like bubblegum.

no,it doesn't really taste like bubblegum but you get what i mean.

So, I saw this on the news. The red cup is worse than the boobies cup - the original logo showing the topless mermaid?

logo-source.png

No one has mentioned them - Black Rock is good coffee PDX area.

How about all those topless baristas in Tacoma? Only reason I'd go to Tacoma....maybe one day I'll get there.
I did see a sign for Bikini baristas in the Hillsboro area ... just drove by.
Good coffee?

I used to love McDonald's coffee, when I worked there many years ago (back when we still had the old styrofoam clamshells for the sandwiches), when they used Boyd's as their supplier - that was good coffee. Their current coffee doesn't appeal to me at all.

As for DB, they do make a decent cup of black coffee, but I'll be darned if I'm going to wait in line for 25 minutes to get it. Starbucks' dark roast (Italian, French, Sumatran) is about the best I can do under the circumstances. But absolutely none of those 'mixed' coffee drinks. Seems like most folks I know can't drink coffee if it's not laced with pumps of this, dashes of that and a dollop of schmeer all over the top, finished with dainty sprinkles. Yeesh, I don't get that.

Come on Down BoonDocks way, we Make CowBoy Coffee, it's good to the Last Chew . . .

philip

(Other's might Misnomer it as Mountain Coffee, HoBo Coffee, or other Names, but CowBoy Coffee is the Correct Nomenclature of the Critter, made in an Authentic Revereware 2 Quart stainless steel pot, we lost the Basket thing i.e. On a Trail Ride one day, when the Herd stampeded, because they saw a CaliforniaIan with their Purple Hair, and ear hole making ear rings, that hung down to their hangey Down thing, which got the Cattle in a Consternation cause the Cows thought they would have to Jump through them Rings . . . That's the Story, and By Golly, I' sticking with it, makes Good Honest Coffee, just like John Wayne would Drink it . . .:eek:

Come on Down BoonDocks way, we Make CowBoy Coffee, it's good to the Last Chew . . .

philip

(Other's might Misnomer it as Mountain Coffee, HoBo Coffee, or other Names, but CowBoy Coffee is the Correct Nomenclature of the Critter, made in an Authentic Revereware 2 Quart stainless steel pot, we lost the Basket thing i.e. On a Trail Ride one day, when the Herd stampeded, because they saw a CaliforniaIan with their Purple Hair, and ear hole making ear rings, that hung down to their hangey Down thing, which got the Cattle in a Consternation cause the Cows thought they would have to Jump through them Rings . . . That's the Story, and By Golly, I' sticking with it, makes Good Honest Coffee, just like John Wayne would Drink it . . .:eek:

THAT is a good thing. I love camp/cowboy coffee. I love coffee from a campfire percolator. I have my dad's old perc, and use it any chance I get. Good stuff.

I did see a sign for Bikini baristas in the Hillsboro area ... just drove by.
Good coffee?

If good coffee is what you are after, go just a 1/4 mile down the road to Black Rock. I tried the bikini coffee joint once, not good. Over priced and watered down. I figure its the early shift for the shady strip club next door.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top