JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This story also appeared in the UK DailyMail, the same tabloid that recently posted under-ice photos of a nude Russian woman (a 'scientist', no less :rolleyes: ) swimming in the Arctic with Killer Whales, breath-holding for up to 10 minutes.

Keith

AOL news ran the story as well... google it.. i'm not familiar with all these international publications, so i cant say one way or another

Ok sorry. I thought it was real and was like dang!!!!!

Sorry for posting it.

Howard

You still brought up a good point. I read a book called A Walk In The Woods by Bill Bryson. Its about a couple of guys walking the Appalachain Trail.. Most of the government employees (park rangers and such) have NEVER even walked it even though they work on it/ for it. He has a lot of good points about the government and our national parks.. I personally never go out without some kind of protection when i'm hiking.

I'm not sure if this story is real or not, but they must have AWESOME cel service in extreme eastern Siberia. I mean, this gal was able to make three calls to her mum, while being eaten by a bear, and apparently far enough from civilization that nobody could come rescue her. My wife, on the other hand, can barely make a call from downtown Chicago when she's there on business (thanks, AT&T). I need to switch to this gal's carrier.

The version of the story I heard - and I'm more sure it is true than this one went like this. There was this little blond girl, and she got caught sleeping and was found in baby bears bed after trying the Papa Bear and Mama Bears beds, I think she ate their portage as well first....I don't remember what happened when she was caught, but as she was unarmed I suspect it was bad.

I probably screwed that story up, as I heard it a long time ago. But that's the gist of it anyway.

Take care all!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads