JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm taking a handgun course in about a month and I've been picking up an extra box of ammo here and there - I need 350 rounds minimum for the class, and it has to be factory new manufacture, no reloads. Since money is a definite consideration, I'm always looking for something that's on sale.

I spotted a new box of 9mm at Freddy's yesterday - BBM (Battle Born Munitions) out of Reno, NV, though it says it's made in South Africa. The box says "Combat Proven since 1938". It was on sale $2 less than Blazer Brass. I picked up two boxes. I'm not sure yet if I'll use it for the class, but I'm going out to the range, hopefully mid-week, to do a little practice in advance of the class next month.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with this brand of ammo? If so, any feedback, positive or negative?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:
Interesting stuff. Their website makes a big deal about being good for military and competition use. They list 9mm, .22lr, 7.62x39, .223/5.56 and .308 among their current products.

Freddy's has their .22lr on the shelf too - but at $7.99/50 ($6.99 on sale), it's more than I want to pay for .22

I'll try this ammo and see how it does. So long as it's reliable, I'll be happy to use it again.

BTW, that .22lr ammo has been on the shelf for a while now - apparently not many folks are willing to pay that price (it's on the top shelf in the red and silver boxes):

image.jpeg

I just had a thought that it might be reboxed hot SMG ammo, and might be 'fun' to shoot in a pistol. I also just thought that I shouldn't have had that 2nd bowl of ice cream, so weigh the first thought accordingly.

;)

I just had a thought that it might be reboxed hot SMG ammo, and might be 'fun' to shoot in a pistol. I also just thought that I shouldn't have had that 2nd bowl of ice cream, so weigh the first thought accordingly.

;)

It's new to me , never head of them. Lived in Reno for years, also its not crimped so no SUB gun use.

Crimped 9mm /nato /military ammo is crimped for a good reason. And I see no evidence of any crimp on this stuff.

Good luck
And have FUN

We started getting this stuff in battle packs of assorted calibers, the odd thing is that each type is made in a different country. 556 is made in bosnia while the 223 is made in Africa, CI brand 22lr is also BBM made in Mexico. Price wasn't too bad so I bought a box of 223 and 556 just to see how they shoot hopefully Wednesday I'll be able to test'em out.

I ran a 50-round box through my M&P 9c on Wednesday. It worked just fine - cycled well, no dirtier than I normally see for plinking ammo. I've got another box I'll hopefully try out here soon. First impressions are that this is decent plinking ammo.

I'm taking a handgun course in about a month and I've been picking up an extra box of ammo here and there - I need 350 rounds minimum for the class, and it has to be factory new manufacture, no reloads. Since money is a definite consideration, I'm always looking for something that's on sale.

I spotted a new box of 9mm at Freddy's yesterday - BBM (Battle Born Munitions) out of Reno, NV, though it says it's made in South Africa. The box says "Combat Proven since 1938". It was on sale $2 less than Blazer Brass. I picked up two boxes. I'm not sure yet if I'll use it for the class, but I'm going out to the range, hopefully mid-week, to do a little practice in advance of the class next month.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with this brand of ammo? If so, any feedback, positive or negative?

View attachment 279341 View attachment 279345 View attachment 279346 View attachment 279347
I'm a big fan of BBM, I have used there 9mm, 7.62x39 and 223/556. I have never had a problem with them myself other then trying to find some to buy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top