JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a G20 and sold it. Don't do that. I now have a Kimber and a new 220. Kimber is super accurate and I haven't taken the 220 out yet. The 220 is a big heavy gun. If you plan to carry it, get the Glock or a 1911. I heard the Rock Island is a good rig for the $$

How do you like the trigger on your Glock?Are you used to it? Have you fired a Sig, you may or may not like the trigger. For me, Sig's are top-heavy and Glocks have a lower bore axis then a Sig and are more ergonomically fitting. I tried a M&P in .45 and a Sig 220, I tried a Glock 21 and the other two went buh bye. I have since moved over to 10mm and have the 20sf and the 40mos. Great guns and well worth the $450 and $600 I shelled outfor them. They are not pretty-boy guns, they are meant to work and thats what they do tirelessly.
If you really want the Sig, I would see if you could arrange to meet someone that has one you could test fire. If you don't like it all it would cost you is your time and maybe some ammo.

I've tried to warm up to the Glock but find that's only redeeming quality is that it shoots full tilt boogie ammo very well. I find that even with the replaceable backstraps the best I can get is close enough. But I still wiggle and squirm my grip to find the goldielocks spot. No matter how hard I try it's just not right.
The big Sigs fit my hand very well especially the P-220. I think it has to do with the grip size and angle. I think the Glocks are smaller from the trigger to the backstrap but fatter down low. I need the opposite.

The G20 is a great hiking gun. Sig looks like it would be a bit heavy for that.
He doesn't have a 20, he has a 40, which is not such a great hiking gun, I bet. It is 1.5" longer. But isn't the 40 the narrower slide like the 41?

The P220 is single stack, I believe, which makes them completely different pistols. My belief is that I try to have at least two firearms in any particular caliber. So if I have a single gun in a caliber, I like to have two before going toward selling one. Since you already have a 10mm, and you know that it functions, and you seem to like it, I see no reason to sell it to buy a different 10mm.

On the other hand, the larger frame Glocks (20/21/29/30/40/41) just don't fit my hand. If I were to return to the 45acp or the 10mm, I'd probably go with a single-stack so as to better fit my hand.

Yep forgot to mention I don't carry the G40, for hunting I've got the 44, for woods carry the GP-100 or 1911 and for concealed carry 40 shield. So ya the Sig would be kind of a BBQ gun.

I'd pick the sig 220. Like others have said, the glock just doesn't feel right in my hands either. however, the sig wouldn't be my first pick: That little diddy goes to the smith 1006...;)

Nothing about Glock says BBQ gun. In fact (and I'm a committed Glock guy), a Glock is almost the exact opposite of a BBQ gun. So maybe the G40 has to go, after all...

I bet it would sell fast! Aren't all of the G40's MOS?

He doesn't have a 20, he has a 40, which is not such a great hiking gun, I bet. It is 1.5" longer. But isn't the 40 the narrower slide like the 41?

The P220 is single stack, I believe, which makes them completely different pistols. My belief is that I try to have at least two firearms in any particular caliber. So if I have a single gun in a caliber, I like to have two before going toward selling one. Since you already have a 10mm, and you know that it functions, and you seem to like it, I see no reason to sell it to buy a different 10mm.

On the other hand, the larger frame Glocks (20/21/29/30/40/41) just don't fit my hand. If I were to return to the 45acp or the 10mm, I'd probably go with a single-stack so as to better fit my hand.

Nope, the 40 slide is FAT, just like the 20/21.....a FAT GLORIOUS PIG:eek:

I have an "original" DW Razorback (#84 of the 1st 150). and Glock M20. (I also have an EAA Witness, a 6.5" barreled S&W 610, and an IAI Javalina (with a 7" slide and barrel). If I could have one more 10mm, I would like a Sig 220. Why? It is the perfect replacement for the S&W Model 1006. A great sidearm if there ever was one.

I have an "original" DW Razorback (#84 of the 1st 150). and Glock M20. (I also have an EAA Witness, a 6.5" barreled S&W 610, and an IAI Javalina (with a 7" slide and barrel). If I could have one more 10mm, I would like a Sig 220. Why? It is the perfect replacement for the S&W Model 1006. A great sidearm if there ever was one.

Yeah, the Smith 1006. What a piece! I had one once and regrettably sold it to fund another project.

It's not too bad. The weight helps quite a bit when you run full power loads from Underwood and Buffalo Bore. It takes the snappiness out of those rounds and turns it into a more managable pushback. Very smooth and effective for keeping on target.

I dunno zip about SIG's other than they are reputed to be top of the line in 9mmP. Glock on the other hand- my 21 (.45ACP) I trust with my life even in the mtns. An 8-rnd 1911 is good, a 14rnd Glock 21 is mo bettah!:D
Have pondered the 10mm question from time to time without acting on it (mainly cuz no used ones have come around) but I would jump on a model 20 Glock in a trice.
YMMV, Experientia docet!o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads